This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B 10 idler and counterweight /tiller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jturano11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B 10 idler and counterweight /tiller
    Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 5:37pm
I have an account b10 with a home lite tiller. Anyone know where I can get a belt idler setup. Also may need a front counterweight
Thx
Sponsored Links

talntedmrgreen View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talntedmrgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 11:47am
Any pictures?  There's a couple varieties, but if it's Homelite branded, it should be the later type.  Front counterweights are somewhat scarce, and almost always run $125+.
Patterson B1*B1/B1Forklift*B10*BigTen/B1Loader*B110*B208*B206*616*Homelite T16H/T8/T7/RM7E*Landlord/Loader/Trencher*Broadmoor717*Serf525*2110*7790*Legacy XL*Twin 20*Squire9*Squire6*JCPenny 494
jturano11 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jturano11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 1:42pm
I bought the tiller w/o the idler assembly so I have no pics. But they are all over the internet.the older type is a two belt system.the one I have takes one belt,and pto is on the tiller .
Also if I make my own front counterweight, anyone know how much they weigh?
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 2:25pm
I run a B 12 with tiller and don't use a counter weight
jturano11 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jturano11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 2:49pm
I know, it's one of those things if you don't have it you don't know the difference. When you have it it's so easy and such a pleasure.
     Just my opinion.
jturano11 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jturano11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 2:51pm
I need the belt idler before I need a counterweight, anyone have any suggestions as to where to find one?
ShaunE View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaunE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 10:10am
I thought with the clutched tiller, you added a pulley off the BGB with a two piece belt guard.  Didn't know there was an idler assembly for that one.  I guess you learn something every day.
jturano11 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jturano11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 1:07am
Apparently there are 2 types a one belt system and a two belt system. The one belt takes an idler the 2 takes a clutch setup.
What's a bgb?
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 6:43pm
BGB=bevel gear box.  Lot of acronyms in this lawn mower world.
AaronSEIA
jturano11 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jturano11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 12:23am
OK thanx
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 2:20pm
Mine has two belts. One from BGB to pulleys another from pulley to tiller and a handle to pivot and tighten the one belt.
acken View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 6:19am
The front counterweight is about 65 lbs. They are 3-1/2" diameter, and I believe 16" long.
jturano11 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jturano11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 6:54am
I don't know how you know that, but that's awsome.at least now I can make one. Running one w/o may put wear and tear on lifting parts, or maybe not.not sure, but it surely couldn't hurt.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic