This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 416 Garden Tractor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 416 Garden Tractor
    Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 8:50pm
Just picked up a Allis Chalmers 416-S as a winter project. I'll see if a can add some pictures but it runs and moves which is a start I guess. It doesn't have a mower deck which would be nice to get at some point, but it did come with a Allis snow blower that's in about the same shape as the tractor. It works and all the parts are there it's rough though.

Anyway a couple questions I have already, it has a heavy cast muffler that's not stock, that's got to go but I'm not sure what to replace it with. I want to go as close as I can but I'm not sure what's out there.

The transmission works but its hard to get into gear and neutral is also hard to find. I'm not sure what is normal for these but even when it is in neutral it doesn't disengage the drive. The good news is the clutch and the shuttle shift seem to work pretty well.

So that's it, should be a fun project.
Sponsored Links

gparrow View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 8:54pm
Oh also the brakes don't work!
Foxmaull View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxmaull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 1:26pm
Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 7:47pm
I have to decks and parts for 300/400 series, 42/48". Been blasted and painted. Not put together, but parts all there for reassembly. May need to find a few pieces to make em mint.
Like to sell em all as 1 lot, plenty to build 2 decent original decks. Any reasonable offer accepted
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic