This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

720 Hot indicator light.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 720 Hot indicator light.
    Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 7:18pm
The HOT light is supposed to go on if the hydro-stat oil gets hot.
Is it also supposed to come on during startup or cranking? How would one be made aware of a simple burned out bulb?
Sponsored Links

IH1650 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IH1650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 7:56am
the light should come on when cranking. If not check bulb it may be burned out.
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 9:28am
Thank you. The light bulb was bad. I can't read any numbers on the bad bulb.
Now to find a replacement. Apparently the HOT and OIL bulbs are different.

Simplicity p/n is 172916, I think Allis P/N is 2028658-9. Anyone know what bulb to use from Napa or such.

Edit 8/25  The p/n I gave was not the bulb, but the light assembly, marked HOT. That explains why the OIL light is a different part number. I assume the OIL light bulb is also the 1895r.

Edited by BrianC - 25 Aug 2018 at 3:41pm
IH1650 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IH1650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 5:40pm
Smile the bulbs are GE 1895R 
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 6:59pm
Thank you guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic