This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nesbitt Auction under way

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote persianorange1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 8:05am
Does anyone know if the "A" was in running condition? $6,000 seems to be the buy of the sale.
Sponsored Links

Richardmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 8:17am
D 12 was a series 3 sold for 11,060.00 US dollars and is about what they have been bring at auctions when restored to that level. 
8070 in US dollars sold for 26070.00
George had some many rare tractors.
and with the sale last week 150 sold in PA.
This had effect on the price of the tractors.  

I had not bought any tractors for about 6 months till about 2 weeks ago.
Since then I have bought 10 tractors all over the place and I am done for awhile.
Shipping also has to be figure in all this.
From George place, it is going to be over $3000.00 for one semi load.

mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 8:28am
You can go to Mecum's website and see the final price of everything.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 8:28am
Price that the 4W220 and 4W305 and U's went for.
Fred Dunlop, G,B,CA, WC,WF, 3 WD45`s,gas, diesel and LP,U,D10 series III, D12,D14,D15 SERIES II,D17 Series IV in Gas and Diesel ,D19 GAS and D21,170 185,210 ,220 an I-600 8070 fwd, 716H and 1920H
Dale-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 9:46am
We were at Georges sale and found Mecum crew to be very professional!  I had my doubts from watching their sales online but was surprised when i got there.  They do not have as much tractor knowledge as some other companies but very nice to work with.  NO ONE can be an expert on everything they sell!  Most of the descriptions that they read before selling are the details that George had on each piece with a sticker, his info not MECUM. 

The low prices on common tractors I believe has a lot to do with LOCATION, we were 750 Mile from home.  Had those tractors been here in the Midwest i think we would have seen a lot better prices.  It is hard to justify paying $6-800 freight on a $1000 tractors.

As for the 440 with the longer hood I do not buy the last 10 were different because it was serial number 1655 and i have serial 1830 and it is just a normal hood.  Our opinion after looking at it was that Steiger or someone made a kit to add pto and you extended the hood to hide and  mount the hydraulic pump.  This was a very nice conversion but looking underneath you could still tell it was added after.  Also, when we watched that same tractor sell at a Polk auction in 2014, Polk had no better info about it, nor did the previous owner...that should say something about it there.

Again, it can't always be the auction company at fault for information, good or bad.  Not like there are black and white records on AC's we can go look at.
tractorchucker View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorchucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 10:21am
I think Mecum is probably better at their consignment sales than somebodys collection.  I went to one in michigan last year and it didn't go that good either.  I also think tractor knowledge is pretty important when you are selling tractors and lets face it, they are car guys.  Nothing about them not being good people, just what it is.  The more common tractors wouldn't have been that good of a buy with the shipping.  A lot of the other stuff sure would have been even adding $1000 to the selling price, still a lot cheaper than what you can buy them for here, some of them ALOT.  I was surprised there was only one ad in Allis Connection only a couple weeks before the sale.  Maybe it was too late for people to plan for it?  I don't know, was kind of depressing.  I sure felt bad for George had to be hard to watch.
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 6:00pm
Wish you didn't have to register just to see prices...what did the 6-12 go for? Hope it shows up south of the border from time to time.
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 6:19pm
6-12 ,  $  55,000. Canadian
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 6:51pm
That's about $41,250 U S. dollars.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Oldred View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by WD45 WD45 wrote:

Price that the 4W220 and 4W305 and U's went for.

Yes what they sell for if anyone knows ?

Thx
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 9:11pm
I was camping at George's since Wednesday afternoon and just got home late this afternoon (360 miles). Helped a lady from Mecum get a more accurate description for the parts skids etc. My first Mecum tractor auction and found them to be very professional and very nice people to work with. They tried their best for George. The descriptions were mostly supplied by George. I'm sure George lost money but he put this all together in the past 5 years or so and that too many tractors to sell in two days. Location of the sale and freight cost had a big bearing on the prices. Common tractors bring common prices. I'm sure some went back to become working tractors again. Very nice and rare tractors sold well. Yellow things were a  bargain. I bought the I 600 loader tractor for $3500 cdn. I found the 220 fwd for George and it sold for $75,000 can. It was and original unrestored bare back. He made good money on that one! I didn't buy it because I already have one. 
Mecum used .78 exchange rate $100 can = $78US  or the other way $100 US purchases $128.20 cdn.   I think Mecum did a first class job and were very professional. 

Edited by Calvin Schmidt - 16 Jul 2017 at 9:12pm
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:31am
Originally posted by persianorange1 persianorange1 wrote:

Does anyone know if the "A" was in running condition? $6,000 seems to be the buy of the sale.

Although an interesting piece it wasnt a model A farm tractor, my best guess is it was of the industrial tractors from a grader, dump buggy or maybe a Fred Cooper creation? I didn't have enough curiosity to dig out my literature to try an figure it out, LOL
persianorange1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote persianorange1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:38am
I figured there must have been an issue of some sorts when I saw the final sale price! Thanks for the info.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 11:36am

it was the buy of the day  for someone looking for something  cheap made form a  A carcass

He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
tractorchuckie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorchuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 4:29pm
We where there as well all weekend I think mecum did a great job. They got more out of me then I want to pay for what we bought. lm more than happy with my purchase thx mecum and George for the weekend    

Edited by tractorchuckie - 17 Jul 2017 at 4:33pm
still looking for the holy grail of Allis
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 6:40pm
Wasn't there but looked at results, was disappointed with prices of plows. $25 for plows is just too cheap.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
daveingreenbay View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveingreenbay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 9:17pm
Sold a D15 II high crop to George 3 years ago.  I purchased it from the original owner with the original Bill of Sale.  He made $1100  on that one.  Lot #S78
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 8:25am
Originally posted by jiminnd jiminnd wrote:

Wasn't there but looked at results, was disappointed with prices of plows. $25 for plows is just too cheap.

That's is called the current plow market.  I had 4 field ready Allis pull type plows advertised here and YT for going on 4 years. When the price got down to scrap and still no buyers I took the shares and coulters off of them and the rest went to scrap. Sold the shares and coulters to a dealer in such.

Edited by Butch(OH) - 18 Jul 2017 at 8:26am
Macon Rounds View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 4:27pm
What an unbelievable event this auction was. The travel distance was a challenge for me as I just came back from the Honesdale auction and  I really was not fully recovered.  Anyway I made the trip and like I said it was AWESOME just to be a part of the auction.
I had sold George several tractors over the years and just wanted to see them as he had restored. The D17 Series IV Diesel High Crop he purchased from me and he had done a first class job restoring it.  It brought more money than I ever saw one of those tractor sell for and more than I could ever justify to buy it back.  
George is a first class Fellow and Mecum Auction did a first class job for him.  Yes some of the items sold well and many of them did not. But like several others have noted, many factors effected the price of the more common tractors and parts.  
Met several forum members at the auction and enjoyed conversing with them.
Glad I went.

Macon Rounds

The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 8:51pm
Nice meeting you too Ben!
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
Bob Thompson View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 7:39pm
Just got home from Renfrew with the latest addition to my collection a Allis 20-35. Been wanting one for years. It will look nice beside my 25-40 and my A.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 7:57pm
That is one nice looking tractor BOB !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
TerraTiger View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerraTiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 8:21pm
Bob-

You got what we thought was one of the nicest looking ones there for a real good price. Liked the rubber treads, yellow accents, the big front spoked wheels and the lettering on the rear. They did a good job on that one, it's a real eye catcher. It will definitely show well, great job!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic