This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armadillo eggs and collard greens

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Armadillo eggs and collard greens
    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 3:09pm
For supper. Jenn has to work tonight and did last night so I decided to surprise her with Armadillo eggs and seasoned collard greens with bacon.
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 5:52pm

Do you cook them Sunny Side Up, or Over Easy ?
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 6:25pm
Smoke them whole😆😆
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 9:06pm
did she like it?
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 9:28pm
Are those similar to those rocky mountain oysters?
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 9:48pm

Bacon Wrapped Armadillo Eggs

Armadillo eggs are a classic Texas BBQ staple. Filled jalapenos are wrapped in pork sausage and smoked low over oak. Each pitmaster has their own secrets, of course. The jalapeno filling may have a special blend of cheeses, the sausage may be seasoned with a secret blend of spices, and they may or may not be brushed with BBQ sauce during the smoking process. I had to take my own liberties with the recipe, of course, and added a little more pork to the party by making mine bacon wrapped armadillo eggs

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 2:53am

Well,,,,I gots just a few,, "HMMMmms" bout this ,,,,now bein some sort of a queesineer on groceries,,,I can vouch for the Rocky Mountain Oysters,,,,but,,,but,,,I ain't ever had the guts to try eatin some bull's balls,,,Yuck,,,,,
 Tryin to figure what them Armadillo eggs might be,,,,,??WinkWink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 4:35am
I was raised on Rocky Mountain Oysters. These are nothing like that.
I hollow out Jalapinos (I used sweet peppers instead ) and make a thick sauce with melted cream cheese and stir in some shredded sharp cheddar. I make a slit down one side of the pepper and fill with the cheese sauce.
I make a mixture of half hamburger half sausage. 1lb. Of each. I pat it down flat to about 3/8” thick . I wrap the stuffed pepper sealing each seam and rolling them to an egg shape.
Lay them on the smoker for about 2.5 hrs.
Fried up some good hickory smoked bacon and added it to the greens and turned out well.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 8:03am
Thad,
Thanks for taking us through the recipe and cooking! Sounds pretty darn good to me!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 9:40am
I'll have to try this one for Mom. She loves sweet green bells, she can't handle the jalapeño or any caliente peppers. I'll do mine with the caliente peppers. Thumbs Up Collards and bacon are right up her alley also.Smile

Edited by chaskaduo - 03 Nov 2019 at 9:41am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 10:21am

Hey Thad,,,that does sound great,,!!  I like the taste of Bell peppers and am gonna try some like that. We can't get the "not so dang HOT" jalapenos around here anymore for some reason,,,even when you cut out all the membrane,,theys still so friggin hot I cannot eat em,,!! One of them sobs in a pot of stew goes a long way,,,!!LOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 11:29am
Joe I bought a small prepackaged bag of sweet Mini peppers 🌶
Very inexpensive to substitute the jalapeño peppers. Just as good.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 1:15pm
I have a bunch of poblano peppers I need to try that on before the frost gets them.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 7:11pm
yep...I are gonna try that too Thad! thanks!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 8:04pm
OK, I confess, this had me searching for Armadillo egg recipes!
anybody have any good ones they would care to share
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 8:05pm
Oh wait, I posted too soon, Thad already did
thanks Thad
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic