This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I NEED A PLOW LIFT SHAFT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNYBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I NEED A PLOW LIFT SHAFT
    Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 7:34am
I need a replacement 3 pt. lift shaft off my series 82 plow.  It is the 2 inch shaft the 3 pt.  lift arms hook to, about 30 inches long with a right angle bend on one end.  This model goes through the plow frame.   There has got to be hundreds laying in fence rows. 

Bill
Sponsored Links

groundhog55 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote groundhog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 2:42pm
I think that I have one of those at home.  I will check tonight.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 2:44pm
After Bill finds one, I could use one also. Thanks tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Albert View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 10:49pm
www.davetheplowman.com
he will help you out
WNYBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNYBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 6:21am
Dave and I are e-mailing, don't believe he has one.  He is into SC.  

Bill
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 7:11am
Cat 1 or Cat 2 ? I have been looking for a cat 2 lift bar for my 3 pt. Allis Plow that has a cat 1 bar . If you want a Cat 1 bar and you can find a Cat 2 bar , I would trade you . good luck finding one . I have been looking for 3 years
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 9:34pm
You will find a complete plow before you find just the lift bar.
That's what I did and now have 2 plows , one with cat `1 lift bar , and one with cat 2 . I tried bidding on a parts plow that had a 3 pt cat 2 lift bar . Was going to buy it for just the lift bar . another guy ran the bid up over 600 . I stopped bidding there and talked to the guy that bought it . he bought it for the lift bar just like I was trying . There probably a NOS one sitting in a shed or garage somewhere but I have not found it yet . Could probably get a good fab shop to make one easier than finding one

Edited by Pat the Plumber CIL - 02 Jun 2017 at 9:40pm
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
WNYBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNYBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 6:27am
I fabricated one using hot roll..... not hard enough and I bent it.   I am looking for a 2 foot piece of 2 inch 1045 or  Stress proof.  That seems to be hard to find too.   If you fabricate one, keep the length as short as possible.  There is a lot of stress on that rod.

Bill 
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 9:55am
McMaster-Carr http://mcmaster.com has 1045 in 2" diameter 3' length is $79.33

Gerald J.
WNYBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNYBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 8:53am
Well, after much research, it looks like I need 1144 (Stressproof) or 4140 cold formed (chrome moly).  McMaster Carr says 1144 doesn't weld well but 4140 does.  I am waiting for info from several steel supliers, but it looks like about 35-40 dollars per foot plus shipping.  $150 should fabricate a new lift shaft....... probably  cheaper the a used one.

Bill Allis
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 9:02am
4140 does not easily weld. It tends to crack. Best to preheat and cool slowly.HTH Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
R Aiken View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 3:06pm
 I have one.   It was a 4 bottom, someone took off the 4th and some other parts.  I will part it for whoever wants the most. What is it worth you?
WNYBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNYBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 3:47pm
Tracy Martin is looking for one.  Yours must be Cat II.   I am having one made out of chrome moly.  Fab shop is familiar, heat to 400 weld and then cool slow in vermiculite.

Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic