This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H-3 Parts Needed - 149 Engine Kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H-3 Parts Needed - 149 Engine Kit
    Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 2:38pm
Hi Guys:  Working on the H-3 today, I pulled the head and there is a fair amount of deflection when the pistons are at the top of their stroke.  Anyone had experience in just putting in new rings.  My sense is putting in new rings won't last too long and should go all the way with a rebuild. 

Looks like I am going to need a 3.500 Liner and piston kit along with rings and gasket set.  Either that or a power unit.  Also will need a thermostat kit as there was not one in mine.  
Anyone having the above for sale can PM me, will also consider a G-149 gas power unit if located in New York state in good running condition instead of going with a kit.  

I will post this in the classifieds as well.  

Thank-you...Orangeman
Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 3:31pm
im all about being frugal,  but when it comes to engines..  your tearing it down far enough to install new rings, which will only be somewhat helpful as the sleeves and pistons are worn anyway,  just bite the bullet and install a new kit. Sure youll have to spend a little more money, and do a couple extra steps, but you wont have to go back into that engine for a very long time and you can be confident it will last and not be worried about when youll have to tear it down again.

good luck
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 4:21pm
Hey Cal:  I was thinking the same thing, if your in as far as pulling a piston then I can see how a new liner and sleeve wouldn't be much more work.   Appreciate the note.  

Thank-you....

PS - The engine does run but produces such blue smoke- don't need any skeeter repellent!!! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic