This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hydraulic question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hydraulic question
    Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 4:12pm
I want to use two WD rear lift cylinders to position the angle of a rear scraper blade. since these cylinders are single action, I will need to power one while simultaneously relieving the other, and visa versa. I would also like a center position for hold.
I think two double action spool valves ganged would do it.
any thoughts, recommendations?
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 4:28pm
there is probably a way to use one valve... think about a double acting cylinder... the valve  has basically 3 ports , out to the FRONT of cylinder, center dump, out to the BACK of the cylinder.......... I would think you can run the FRONT hose to one cylinder and the BACK hose to the other cylinder. When you put pressure on the FRONT, the BACK end is normally routed to SUMP so a normal cylinder can bleed off.. and when you put pressure on the BACK end, the FRONT end of the valve is directed to sump...  look at the two cylinders as being ONE DOUBLE ACTING......
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 4:45pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY2J1k6UFvE
look at the 1:30 - 3:00 mark area...... just picture to two pressure hoses going to TWO cylinders instead of both ends of ONE cylinder.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

there is probably a way to use one valve... think about a double acting cylinder... the valve  has basically 3 ports , out to the FRONT of cylinder, center dump, out to the BACK of the cylinder.......... I would think you can run the FRONT hose to one cylinder and the BACK hose to the other cylinder. When you put pressure on the FRONT, the BACK end is normally routed to SUMP so a normal cylinder can bleed off.. and when you put pressure on the BACK end, the FRONT end of the valve is directed to sump...  look at the two cylinders as being ONE DOUBLE ACTING......

By golly Steve that is just crazy enough that it might work!
For some reason, my aging brain rejected that idea the first time I envisioned it, but I just drew it and it sure looks like it should work
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 5:52pm
Snow plows have single acting cylinders and one valve. Just use a double acting closed center valve. Think of it as one double acting balanced cylinder.it just happened to be made it two pieces
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic