This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody else married to a teacher?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody else married to a teacher?
    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 5:35pm
The wife started school this week. Kids are supposed to start back Monday and Tuesday. We've had 2 months of no teacher talk and we're making up for it. It's complaint upon complaint about people I don't know and every other phrase is some kind of acronym. I guess the good news is she's talking to other people. I just get the summary. Just wandering if I am the only one that gets to "enjoy" the school year
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 5:38pm
Quote Anybody else married to a teacher?

Not me
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 7:38pm
thendrix, I feel your pain....wife was teacher assistant for 29 years, daughter and son in law both teachers at same school......Sunday lunch is rehash of past week at work, I guess it's a teacher thing.   Tim
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 9:17pm
NO thank the Lord! good luck thru the year Tyler! 
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 11:00am
WinkYou bet I got a teacher to keep me from going broke farming. LOL

Confused How she was a ag business major in college. Confused  A disgruntled student adviser in high school told her never be a teacher.   With 3 kids she about lived at school, a principle took her aside and said you should be a teacher. The rest is history. That women is the only principle she ever liked. There are a few it is lucky, she is kind of scared of big machinery like a backhoe.Wink

So yes Tyler I try real hard to nod and yes deer , that miserable asshole. An no generally does not keep me out of trouble. But she could not take all the BS and was tired at 24 years.  And then they wanted rid of the older teachers so she grabbed there insurance for almost free for 4 years and left with a big smile. But did not keep her away from school, volunteered in 3 or 4 classes until the covid. So the school talk Wink did not go away.

Had to go by the Tasma Hall district office and pay copay of the dental  and eye care for coming year yesterday. An along comes some gal and the school talk begins as I yon, an yes , an more nodding.

The opening comment was only partly in jest. Must have been 97 crops where so bad, or was it just prices so bad, even with her pay the tax man got us errand income credit thing so IRS sent me a check rather than the other way. An set the oldest son up for low cost college as his parents was poor people. The banker was very happy I did not have to barrow grocery money, beside fuel, seed, and fertilizer money. 
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 8:31pm
There was one time she caught me looking at her like "are you done yet" and she said "just let me vent a little and I'll stop. You don't have to listen". That's been going on 10 years ago....
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 11:59pm
no sir, I didn't marry a teacher, but my wife married a knowitall! or so I have been told. 
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 6:49am
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 9:56am
I tried, hit on a few when I was in high school and college, but I guess they thought I was too young, at least the one did who's daughter was in my class.Wink
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 4:56am
Right there with ya kansas, hit on nearly anything female back in the day especially Teachers!!!

Have two Nieces are teachers, dare say they leave some level of desire to what I would consider for a woman of intelligence, my comments around them have started a few arguments.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 5:38am
no, but wife now tells me what to do..when to and how to . that's a teacher,right ?
Instead of using Roundup to kill the weeds, she's decided I have to move all my implements next door,use my stack of patio stones and steel roofing to kill the weeds,then I get to move the stuff back, well most..she has zero nee for a dozen good T-posts, the 5' rototiller, the B112/tiller ot 3 IBC totes.....
hmmmm....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 7:28am
No, but I'm married to a Wedding planner, and I get to listen to one end of a lot of phone conversations, and then a recap, let's just say that weekends at the lake with only the dog to keep me company are welcome respites during the height of wedding season.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Ken(MI) Ken(MI) wrote:

No, but I'm married to a Wedding planner

Sir, you have my deepest sympathies

Edited by thendrix - 03 Aug 2021 at 8:52am
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Ken(MI) Ken(MI) wrote:

No, but I'm married to a Wedding planner, and I get to listen to one end of a lot of phone conversations, and then a recap, let's just say that weekends at the lake with only the dog to keep me company are welcome respites during the height of wedding season.

Wink Old one room school house fixed up with community use as a big part of its use. Some put forth the idea of advertising it as wedding venue for the LOL BIG EASY money we would make. Finally the other males, and even some females could see what I was saying no money left after we paid for the extra maintenance and such. With discussion was decided we wanted a professional wedding planner between us and Bridzilla.  The idea was cooling quickly, and then covid came. Hopefully that idea doesn't come back to life anytime soon.LOL 

May you have quality time with the dog.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 12:56pm
Just to be safe, I'd burn it down when no ones looking......
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2024 at 5:50pm
Was listening to Talk Radio on the way to work this morning-guy on there was talking about how many teachers have quit - etc- his observation,,this was around Chicago , so YEAH-- NO DOUBT, just had a little fling with a teacher up around there- she stood up for herself ,, mean little gal - but lots of fun !
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2024 at 4:25am
Two cousins, one niece still teaching but uncertain as to for how long due to the Problem Children, as well the more problematic parents of those. Nephew working at HF stated he might finish his Masters next year but has not committed as the income he makes is quite comfortable without all the headaches.

I applied at local Trade School as a Instructor or Mentor, 25+ years as a mechanic, 21 years power station operator, not qualified enough to teach was the response, required a sheepskin over the door to qualify as that is how its done. Walked away.

The requirements of teaching have dramatically increased where capabilities are ignored, cannot discipline or fail students so becomes a Clone Cycle of blurt out assignments, grade them and send them to the next cycle, and for that they expect mass money where those of the past eeked by and did fine. Anyone else see these issues?
RP Farms View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RP Farms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2024 at 7:22am
My wife has been a teacher for 16 years.  Two years ago my son had her for 8th grade English and now my daughter does.  I've heard the gambit of teacher talk... the pay isn't horrible but I wouldn't do the job for double that.  She does have a good principal and superintendent at her school and several other good teacher friends....  but the amount of BS in the 'good ol boy network' town she works  in surprises even me.  Its amazing how it seems to go away when she says who she is married to or who her sister in law and brother in law are.

Anyway when people ask me how my wife is doing I like telling them that I have a thing for my daughters english teacher and we've had this thing going for a whole and ( insert wife's name) is doing fine too.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2024 at 12:17pm
WinkDMiller I just cannot see you as a teacher in the "modern age". LOL I just cannot see you telling Sally the butch alphabet soup girl it is Ok that she cannot figure how to get the rusted up bolt loose. Because currently it is never the students Confused faulty when the fail.CryAngry Not that you don't have the ability to explain or teach.  So much BS to "build" self-esteem when no effort has been put forth by the student. 

From the projects you have shared, you never make excuses. You just keep pushing until a answer shows up. You sur are an inspiration to me. Not that it has got up off my butt every day. I still find many excuses of to much pain in my joints to get a lot done. 
freyafrigohre View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freyafrigohre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 47 minutes ago at 8:34am
Sounds like you’re in for a wild ride with all that school chatter! My partner went back to school a few weeks ago, and I got a similar flood of updates. I started hearing about all these new projects and terms I had never heard of before. At least she’s connecting with other parents, which is a plus!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic