This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC COLLECTION TO LOGGING SHOW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC COLLECTION TO LOGGING SHOW
    Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 11:19am
Ok..we found time to do this 2 weeks ago. As you know we always take ACs to the REDWOOD REGION LOGGING CONFERENCE historical equipment display. This year it was in Ukiah, Ca....15 minutes away...so we took 5 of them down there..yes 5!.
 photo P3120014_zpsskh8vl0z.jpg
This year they wanted to park all the equipment and wood displays on the parking lot pavement..for showgoers to navigate easier...We moved down there on a Monday morning to beat the rest of the equipment.
 photo P3120015_zpsqi4hdwwy.jpg
The show didn't start until Thursday...so we got an early jump.
So by Thursday morning it was raining.
 photo P3150023_zpshsonawxz.jpg
So the chainsaw wood carvers are out starting there respective projects.
 photo P3150024_zps1xaxzctl.jpg
 photo P3150027_zps8pu2nucz.jpg
Some of these items are done before they get here and are available for sale.
 photo P3150028_zpsb9rawtah.jpg
There are yarders....and loaders.
 photo P3150029_zpsxqdiwlnl.jpg
and 3 log loads of redwoods.
 photo P3150031_zps1afohjom.jpg
and more new equipment.
 photo P3150033_zps3vjs12dd.jpg
 photo P3160045_zpsli858qtt.jpg
And new trucks.
 photo P3160034_zpsheyvylbe.jpg
Old trucks
 photo P3160036_zpsq6icfgn1.jpg
 photo P3160037_zpsdqxslxql.jpg
And LITTLE old trucks
 photo P3160038_zps3ikzjy2x.jpg
So these are the chainsaw carvers work. These items are sold at the dinner auction for the Conference fund raiser. Most of you know how these fundraisers go....start with a social hour/happy hour and raise your had often during the fund raising auction,
 photo P3160041_zpshraiig0x.jpg
 photo P3160042_zpskoyoljcs.jpg
 photo P3160043_zpsw30l3jkp.jpg
Yes..Yes.. I know you are all wondering...how much? ok..$4000.00 to 5000.00 for each of these critters.
So it rained on Thursday and Friday..Saturday was a really nice day and the public was out and enjoying the show.
 photo P3170051_zpsy1zyxben.jpg
The antique gas engine guys were out in force.
 photo P3170052_zpsto9ggvas.jpg
It was a really good show ...we had fun talking orange...and then we went home.
 photo P3180055_zpsfyrjwqak.jpg
 photo P3180056_zpsrwrodofw.jpg

Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 11:42am
thanks for sharing Mel.  Great pictures.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 12:53pm
Thanks for posting all the great pictures Mel.  Good to see life is getting back to normal for you and your area.  How's the new house project coming?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 12:54pm
Thanks Mel, Nice show!

Story on the Fork Loader?? HD12G?

Edited by DMiller - 03 Apr 2018 at 12:56pm
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 1:06pm
Thank You for sharing Mel. I would love to come out once to see the sites and talk orange.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 1:58pm
Thank you for sharing. Was that Shameless that the one carving was modeled after?
Tom
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 2:42pm
Wow Tom!! what a concept..I missed the opportunity to put a hat on the Shameless carving..snap a picture..post it and say we finally got the Shameless picture..what was I thinking
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

Thank you for sharing. Was that Shameless that the one carving was modeled after?
Tom

Ya beat me to it, Tom!  Needs one of mel's hats on it!Wink
Hubnut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 6:50pm
Very cool.  I would have liked to see that show.  Thank you for the pictures.
1940 B "Lucy"
1941 B w/ Woods L59 "Flavia"
1942 B w/ finish mower "Dick"
1941 C w/ 3-point "Maggie"
1947 C SFW w/ L306 "Trixie"
1972 314H
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 7:00pm
Nice pictures, Mel. Thanks a lot for posting them. Glad that the show was close for you so that you could make a good showing of allis. Weren't The track cleats a little tough on the pavement.....? Darrel
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 7:24pm
Thanks guys...Darrel we used some wood dunage..2x12s provide by one of the sawmills. We were able to back right of the lowbed onto them...we actually took some of our own burned 2x6 from burned cow corrals to start with. They had a crew of guys following equipment around with a forklift of planks.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 8:41pm
Looks great! Nice show!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 9:09pm
enjoyed the show. Thanks Mel
donoman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 6:12am
Looks like a great show loved to have been there, Pacific Northwest logging is very much like New Zealand
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 8:28am

Super groovy, thax Mel.
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 10:56am
Mel, would Shamers too look something like this?   LOL

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 12:14pm
Mel, Is this Shamer's picture?

DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 1:59pm
Question we always think of those giant redwoods as being quite old, is there younger trees started and how fast do they grow? Like a 30-50 year old tree? If a person was on vacation that would be a neat show to see.

Edited by DanWi - 04 Apr 2018 at 2:00pm
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 4:29pm
PRESTO!!! JC is on it...what magic!!...It'll be a couple of days before Shameless comes up for air to follow up on that!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 5:51pm
By Gawd, JC you almost has it!  Alls you need is an AC G, on that G-string...Wink
R.KYLE View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.KYLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 6:05pm
GREAT TO SEE THE SHOW MEL THANKS.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 3:20am
Well Mel, I see I forgot to tell you that those pictures you put up were sure nice and to thank you for all the hard work you contribute to the show to help make it go... and to help make it interesting.
 You see, I was so busy trying to correct the moment you had missed... and now, I see I dunn rong earlier, I posted him before he put on his thong and then after... I didn't realize the first one got posted. So.... I might as well post the Shameless triplets too.

DD, I was thinkin of havin him in this one... with a 'T' for thong, thing, thang, or tractor... but it wasn't pashonett pink  ... LOL

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 12:06pm
Dale will be proud when he sees the pics of himself.  I'm sure his old la, er, loving wife will agree it is a perfect likeness...
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
The Consultator View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Consultator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 1:43pm
Hey Mel, you want to offload one of those crawlers? Downsize your collection maybe?
1939 Allis-Chalmers "B" restored in 2010- very good condition.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 2:13am
man....I thoughts I had skated past on this one....then that silly JC showed up! if'n i'm still alive next year JC, i'll pays ya back! and thanks for posting them pics Mel. I still enjoy your pics and info. how many carvings did you buy Mel?
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 10:08am
Shamers, u knows better than that... theres no skatin past these fellers...
 ... and I doubts that Mel bought the famous shameless Sasquatch either... He prolly still lookin for just a shameless sasquatch from Blair Nebraskie to send him a picture with his hat on...
   An ye gots about hundred days to get yourself better before that Hutchinson show to gets ur grease gun charged up. Shocked            LOL
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 11:49am
Shameless...Didn't buy any carvings....2 reasons....couldn't afford them....but the #1 reason is...don't have a house or porch to put them on!! LOL....but we're getting close to starting that project...I'll start a post of that soon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic