This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD11 GRAPPLE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD11 GRAPPLE
    Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 10:52am
We fired up the grapple tractor the other day to help cleanup a pasture we're trying to renovate photo P4190039_zpsy9o4yplc.jpg
This is way more fun to run than should be legal and before you talk about how tired it looks (it is) we have all the components to replace what needs to be replaced. Tracks, swing frames,canopy, etc. Some of those orange parts can be seen already photo P4190041_zpsrchspmow.jpg
These trees we're moving we're cut off the edge of this field last year and supposed to be cut up for fire wood, didn't happen, times up and they have to be moved. Besides it's more fun running the tractor than running the chain saw.

http://vid966.photobucket.com/albums/ae147/doowder1/HD11%20GRAPPLE/HD11%20GRTAPPLE%202_zpsxj7cjpmu.mp4

http://vid966.photobucket.com/albums/ae147/doowder1/HD11%20GRAPPLE/HD11%20GRTAPPLE%203_zpsfzq8eyld.mp4

http://vid966.photobucket.com/albums/ae147/doowder1/HD11%20GRAPPLE/HD11%20GRTAPPLE_zpswc3uqiqw.mp4

Sponsored Links

kinghunter View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 11:11am
wish i could find one of them close to me, i would love to add it to our logging operation
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 10:50pm
Don't know what I would do with it, but now I want a grapple for my HD5B!
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 11:13pm
Cool video. What's the pasture for.
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 11:36pm
It's a irrigated permanent pasture for cows and calves. 
Steve allis dozer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 12:44am
Great video Mel , out of all the machines you have which  tractor is your favourite to run 
Thanks steve
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 8:12am
Now when you get the cows out there we want pictures. A before an after lol.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Steve allis dozer Steve allis dozer wrote:

Great video Mel , out of all the machines you have which  tractor is your favourite to run 
Thanks steve

Don't ya know Steve, that that is like asking a person which child is their fovorite. ..? Lol, Darrel
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 5:59pm
Yeah I think you are right , they seem to have a lot of big toys to choose from !
It would be good to hear how they compare with the other brands of dozers as well ?

LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 3:51pm
I used to log with a HD5. They sure were a handy little machine. I loaded some logs one time so big that I had to run a D4 drag tractor up on the tongue to keep from sinking the front into the ground. Raised them real easy and then backed the truck under the logs and lowered them down.
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 9:27pm
Yes that grapple sure would make getting firewood a breeze!  Had our old girl on the disk this past week...
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 2:10am
Nice looking outfit , Is that a genuine ROPS cab?
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 9:45pm
It's an Industrial Cab- this cab company was one of A-C's "allied suppliers".  You could order items from these suppliers direct from the factory, but these components were not made by Allis, just like a Carco winch for example.  I haven't seen too many 11-Bs with these cabs, but they seemed to be quite common on 16-Bs.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 7:59am
Mel,
Nice videos using the grapple! Thanks for you folks taking the time to post these for us too. The 11B made short work of moving those trees!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
littlemarv View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlemarv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 8:14am
Thanks Mel, I used to just want a bulldozer that I don't really need.

Now I want a bulldozer that I don't really need WITH A GRAPPLE.

Man, you could do a lot of work, and have a lot of fun, with one of those! We could make so much firewood up at my dads he could burn wood all summer!
The mechanic always wins.

B91131, WC23065, WD89101, CA29479, B1, Early B10, HB212, 416H
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 9:11pm
I think Mel had mentioned on an earlier thread that the HD11 made a great grapple tractor because of the live shaft final drive design as well...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic