This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

walnuts...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 7:03am
Couple of pictures of the nut-cracker. This thing works great!

Sponsored Links

Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 8:16am
I have the exact same nut cracker.  Wish I had a penny for every nut it has cracked.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 9:02am
Yeah Mike,that looks like it would work well. Thanks for sharing
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 1:03am
well...I been busy!! a gal at a local gas station drives her truck to work there everyday...I overheard her say she was gonna go visit her Granny in another state this week...sooooooo....I gathered up many 5 gallon buckets of them walnuts and have been pouring them into the back of her truck all weekend and these week days while she's gone! so far they are about a foot and a 1/2 deep in the truck box! think she'll be surprised when she returns?? lol
alan-nj View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan-nj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 7:31am
We had the same nut cracker.  My brother has it now.  Would like to find one of my own.
If ignorance is bliss, than happy days are here again.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 7:42am
go visit brother.
..and bring home your early Xmas present......Wink
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 11:01am
Yep, it's that time of year again.  I've got about a dozen of them dang black walnut trees.  I HATE them.  The crows seem to like to eat the soft meaty outsides, but I don't have enough squirrels to use up what's left over.  Time to get out the shop vac, extension cords and loader.  I usually get a dozen of so bucket loads, dumping them on the burn pile.

Edited by GSTROM99 - 27 Sep 2023 at 11:03am
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 11:54am
I just bought a nut gatherer for the large ones last night and tried it out. Works great. Like running a vacuum cleaner without the cords. Even my accountant likes it
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 12:11pm
Yeah, I've tried one of those.  It does work okay, and the lawn vacuums don't.  When I said "a dozen" bucket loads, I meant tractor buckets.  I've got too many, to use the roller type picker-uppers.

Edited by GSTROM99 - 27 Sep 2023 at 12:13pm
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 10:00pm
i would like to try hickory nuts i can founder on nuts my favorite is hazal nuts or may you guys call them filberts 
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 1:41am
I had issues several years ago with the walnuts as well so I contacted a local pest control person and put in a request for him to relocate a couple squirrels to my place the next time he caught a pair, They have been fun to watch gathering their bounty and bouncing from tree to tree till they tried to follow the power lines to the house then we had words which resulted in putting tin flashing 18 inches around where the power enters the house, only took 1 attempt for them ninjas to try and fail at gettin into the house, wish I had my camera out, other that they have been great at picking up the walnuts
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 6:19am
A squirrel has been living here for a while. What it lives on I don't know. Have sycamore and pine trees and see ear corn stripped to the cob. I brought home a batch of walnuts the other to lay in the driveway for layman husking which by the way is very inefficient and busted him loading up on those walnuts
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 8:32am
Five LARGE red squirrels have taken up quarters in trees by our drive, have been planting/burying walnuts like mad here.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 9:22am
You guys can keep the squirrels! I shoot every one I see. They bury walnuts in the garden by the truck-load and have blown the electric service to my house twice in the last year!!! That never ends well for the fury one.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 5:27pm
Mike, I have a movie for you!  It's only 10 mins. Watch it and give me a moral...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 06 Oct 2023 at 5:27pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 6:49am
If a woman shows up at the door, don't hold her at gunpoint?
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 11:09am
Humm moral of the story is to keep your pants on and watch your potatoe! Damn squirrels! Hummm!
Regards,
 Chris and Cheryl
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 5:38pm
I still like mine, watch out for that last raisin, it might not be a raisin...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 6:59pm
Someone had to give the squirrel the single raisin? The old man hates squirrels. Did the old lady take the mean old man "out" and give the squirrel the last raisin? Hummm???:) 
Regards,
 Chris and Cheryl
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic