This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some progress on the 1 Ton GMC,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 8:41pm
I doubt the bed drops 7.5 inches with a load on it... Do you have axle STOPS on the frame to limit the max travel ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Sponsored Links

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 5:43am
7.5” does seem high. What are the bed frame rails made out of?
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 6:44am
7.5' isn't all that much. Consider how much space there is in the wheel well of a factory box. The rubber bump stops squish down, so you lose some more clearance there. Also you need to consider axle oscillation. If one side drops down, such as exiting a driveway, crossing the gutter at an angle, the outside tire on the other side goes up. This is amplified on a dually.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 6:16am
  Hey Steve,,,I have no idea what "Axle Stops" are and cannot seem to still be able to post pics here,,for some reason,,,,,?
  Hey Thad,,the bed frame is made of 2" X 2" X 1/4" square tubing spaced 20" apart with one running down the middle parallel to trk frame. . The dude that built the frame originally used 3" X 3" X 1/4" channel 6" long welded together that worked out just right to give me 5 1/2" tire clearance so I believe I will leave it go based on all of ya'll's  comments Clap
 Whoops,,just thought of something else,,,gonna have to crawl under it again to check out the placement for the Hide-a-way goose neck,,,,Chit,,,!!
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 6:42am
Axle stops are on the bottom of the frame rail and rest on the axle tube when over loaded 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 7:23am
Unless removed by a previous owner or corrosion there should be rubber blocks on a steel bracket just above the axle tube on both sides under the frame channel. Granted over time the rubber does decay and disintegrates away the brackets will still be there.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2023 at 5:10pm
We’re ready for an update.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 2:21pm
He's probably headed back your back and can't control himself
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 11:03pm
 Actually Guys,,,I put that project on HOLD for a short time as I haVE run into all kinds of Guv-ment BS in trying to get a title,,,
 Now,,get this,,,I was told by Guv-ment peoples that ALL states now require a "Certified APPRAISALL" TO BE PERFORMED BY A "CERTIFIED APPRAISER" who can charge an amount  of money chosen by,,,,,,,,hisself. AND,,you will NOT receive a title unless you do so,,,!!  That is in addition to 6 other pieces of official guv-ment documents you gonna need.
 I spoke with my State Representative about this new BS law and he tells me it originated in the Eastern states because of a thriving car and trk thieving business that buys cars with only a bill of sale, then gets their buddies to apply for lost titles and presto they got a high priced car/trk " wit CLEAR TITLE IN HAND,,,,typical guv-ment process,,,don't punish the guilty,,,,PUNISH EVERYBODY111
ok, I'm done,,,

Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 6:49am
Your insurance agent can get you a "surety" bond which will allow you to process for a certificate of title. This is a govt. bond action that starts a search for an owner of a previous titled vehicle. If nobody steps forward claiming ownership, (requires proof on their end  within one year of bond issue) the surety bond is released, the bond rescinded, thus freeing the title to free and clear status.

Basically obtain the surety bond from your insurance agent and go to your DMV with the paperwork and file for a new title to your vehicle. All will process normally and if nobody steps forward claiming ownership, you will be notified as such. 

I have done this with seven antique heavy trucks in the past and the process is seamless with exception of the surety bond which I think cost $100.00. This is a federal bond, not just Illinois. 

Edited by Codger - 28 Oct 2023 at 6:51am
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 7:57am
 Well Codger,,,like the "New Sherriff In Town"  the process HAS changed in all states like I was told by my State Representative. You NOW will have to pay for the Surety Bond based on "TWICE THE VALUE" of whatever you're trying to title stated on the NEW APPRAISAL REPORT!  and NOT what you just paid for that tractor or car or,,,anything!! Your Surety Bond will be based on TWICE the appraised value! Yes, it used to cost $100 for a surety Bond from your friendly Insurance agent but that friggin New Sheriff in Town BS is going to surprise lots of people,,,,, 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 9:02am
MO Requires that a No Title Vehicle go to a MSHP Inspection Station, has to have numbers ran and a full inspect of any component as Engine with a s/n, any questionable numbers and it Magically GOES AWAY without compensation.  Now as with cars and trucks of the 1920s/30s that were NOT titled originally, and the owners LONG Dead, pulled from old barns or fields or woodlots, those can be inspected as NOT stolen and issued a NEW MO DOR ID Tag with a State generated number, that an Officer will Special Rivet to the hard frame of the cab.  Takes some paperwork and a release from the property owner you get it from, sometimes a lawyer document trail will assist in a timely manner.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 10:55am
Just did this last week and no changes I've seen for a truck I picked up after harvest. $100.00 surety bond and the process is already started to obtain title. The truck, (1962 B-62SX Mack) has been setting in the same spot near 20 years since last use. Titled owner long deceased and property sold to current owner long ago who did nothing with the truck. 

It may wash out as the deceased owner's family is looking for the title, but I went my proven way to ensure something gets done.

Taking a politician's word without fact checking is playing "Russian Roulette" with your own interests. Typically, they don't have your interest at the forefront but rather what will generate revenue yet keep them in office at election time. 

A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic