This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i need to ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i need to ...
    Posted: 11 May 2018 at 1:09am
feed out a calf! Darrel...yers any good eating? just came from our local meat market, choice ribeyes are $3.43/lbs. PffffT! I thinks Omaha Steaks is cheaper!
Sponsored Links

darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 5:37am
Well shameless, I've never had a steak from one of ours that I didn't like. It would be a while until we had one ready for you. Could get you one of the spring calves this fall when we wean. Then you could fatten it up to your own liking, and get it cut and wrapped to your specs where ever you would like. Maybe I could bring it down to you, then go pick up the planter that I bought over at Griswold IA. Darrel
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 10:41am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

feed out a calf! Darrel...yers any good eating? just came from our local meat market, choice ribeyes are $3.43/lbs. PffffT! I thinks Omaha Steaks is cheaper!

You better dig one of them Mason jars a........ make that 2 jars and come visit. Then when you are over sticker shock you can retreat to Omaha knowing how good you got it.

But I do have a gray steer that is 8 to 900 lbs that will be as good as grass fat gits in about 30 days. If you want we can load him in your camper with the pups so you could put him out on theLOL "extra green" Winkin your fields.  

Edited by Ray54 - 11 May 2018 at 10:42am
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:27am
Darrel, if you go to Shameless's place, drag that "pretty" machine away with you!  Then he will have a place to park his new pickup and you can part out the machine for stuff for all your projects.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:40am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Are you kidding?  Steaks averaging around $7-$8 per pound.  Hanging beef me and everyone I know is selling for $2.50 per pound.  By the time you figure packages in the freezer, that's a little over $4. 

I see "chuckeye" advertised at Meijer for like $3.89 or something like that.  Never heard of chuckeye before, but I'm assuming it's an economy steak.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 2:59pm
Eye rib steak you not...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 4:52pm
Tbone, that is what I was thinking,  $3.43 for any kind of steak,  I would be eating steak tonight.  I do good if I can find ground beef for that price.  And I don`t even bother to price meat at Meijer.  If I ate any less meat,  I`d be a vegetarian.
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 5:33pm
Heck, it costs that much for burger here. I don't buy much meat, other than BACON. I help the neighbor plant and pick corn and go to the locker once in awhile to pick up meat he has had processed for me Big smile
 Buy a rotisserie chicken once in awhile and burger when I run out of "home grown" burger. Oh yea, buy sliced ham or deli meat for samiches too.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 1:29am
well we ain't used to these prices here that I paid. I used to buy a split 1/4 of beef and have it here at home. but since we lost power while we were out camping, we haven't done it since, lost all our frozen stuff and pitched the freezer too. I can still smell that nasty smell! we buy in smaller quantities now, just 5-6 steaks and a few chops at a time. did finally gits a new freezer ina package deal last year, but won't buy anymore meat from that company again. they marinated a lot of it and it sure is rot gut stuff that some city bot musta liked! on this last meat spree that I had at the local meat locker. when they brought out the steaks, there was a chunk nof fat on the tip that stuck out about 2-1/2 inches and was about 2 inches wide, I told them I wasn't gonna pay a premium price for all that fat and told them to cut it off. they had already weighed them, then he took the weight sticker and stuck it on the back corner of the display case. they took them in the back room to trim the fat and prolly spit on them! came back, wrapped them, then put that same sticker back on it. so they tried to charge me the same as before the fat was trimmed off. now they was pizzed! (it showed) i'm sure cuz they gots caught in front of other customers! I paid cash so they wouldn't know who I was! lol
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:43am
"You paid cash so they wouldn't know who ya was...?"

Doesn't everyone in the greater Omaha area know who you is,,,,?
Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 8:27am
they is new to the scene, so I doubt they know me yets, but they will if they keep that chit up!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:24pm
Hey good buddy,,, if you payin anything less than $6.50 for Ribeyes,,,, you gots you a honey hole,,,,,!!!
I.m thinkin the grocers round here is thinkin the rest of the world has run out of cows,,, cause that is what ribeyes sell for here. HB That is 70/30 runs $3.30 On SALE,,,!!!
I got some steaks at walmart for a cookout and forgot em ,,, back in the back of fridge,,,,, and 3 weeks later they was still nice and pretty red,,,,, WtH,,,,????
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:28pm
The Cardinal Rule bout sending food back in restaurants is,,,,, DON.T EVER DO ANYTHING TO PISS OFF THE COOK,,,,, unless you want a sample of his DNA     that goes for meatmarkets too,,,,
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 11:19pm
Joe...that's cuz they inject water inside them to make them weigh more than they are, and then they put this red dye on the meat to make it look fresh. go into wally world late at night, I mean really late like 3-4 AM, that's when they usually grab the meat packages, check the dates, reprice them if the dates are several day old. more than that, they take them to the back room, re-dye them and re-package them. the one dude that did that for them here got fired for divuldging that info to people! i'm pretty sure i'll prolly go out of town for the next meat I buy. only other store in our town, they slice the meat so thin that if you grill it, it come out like shoe leather, they also inject water and dye the meats. me and the old lady....oooops....I mean the loving wife stood and watched one day as they were re-dyeing some meat, then a dude came over to the guy yelling at him to do that behind the wall out of sight! lol....busted!
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:18am
Some of the meat you buy that's in those Air filled containers stays pretty and red, because that is not air in them but carbon monoxide.  CO keeps anything from growing in it, and CO also keeps the color pretty and red.  Think about it, any time air hits meat it will turn brown, but those containers won't.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 11:31am
Well,, i KNOW THEY GOTTA BE DOIN SOMETHING TO THEIR MEAT,, cause if it ain't in a vacuum,,, it gonna start "ageing" which is good if you catch it before it starts spoiling.

I been reading bout building me an temp controlled ageing booth. I, always hung our wild game in garage for as long as 3-5 days IF the weather cooperates by staying cold, but most times it is too warm even in November to let meat hang for longer than a day or so.
This year me and Jon were very fortunate in the big game draw,,, i drew a muzzleloader bull Elk and a rifle Deer and Jon drew a bow Elk, a muzzleloader Deer and a rifle Barbary Sheep,,,,, that right there is gonna be a chitload of meat if he can control his "buck fever",,
ummmmm,,, ummn, ummm better start gatherin up plentyof smoke wood,,,,,
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 2:37pm
Was a guy doing butchering of deer during season the used a air conditioner too keep his meat cool
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 6:26pm
Hey TAdams,,,one of the videos i seen on YouTube was what one dude used. He built a 4X4X8 from CDX and put a small A/C in the bottom adjusted to keep inside of box at 40-50 degrees. The fan on cooler kept good air circulation going. Seems pretty simple..??
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:14pm
$6.99/lb is as cheap as you will find rib eye around here and that is at a small independent grocery chain and their meat is better than most. Saw some rib eye in one of the large chain groceries today about 2 inches thick, pretty steaks, but were $11.99/lb. I try to get to know the guys in the meat departments and I can get steaks cut to order if they are not cleaning up for the day. I won't buy meat from Wally World.

Years ago I serviced cooking equipment for a steakhouse chain and one of my benefits was being able to take fresh steaks home for personal use. My dog cried for a week when I quit and took another job.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:34pm
ON SALE it's over $10 here.  Cheap crap hamburger is almost $4 a LB..
Chuckeye is anywhere from $5.99 on up.  NOTHING is cheap here.  WHY??
Now gas is almost $4 a gal.  WTH??
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic