This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Had to ask for help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Had to ask for help
    Posted: 20 Sep 2024 at 5:44am
Was hard to do.
We’re on a job at work that’s wearing us( my 20 something helper and I) out. We had 200 20’ composite deck boards delivered. The donkey couldn’t get them very close.
We’re carrying them near 200 yards down a steep bluff line to the lower side of a big lake house.
My back and knees hurt.
After work last night I had to go get some quick Crete at the lumber yard. Luckily only 16 bags.
After that I had to load all my portable Blacksmith equipment as I’m scheduled to do demos for pioneer days with the sons of confederate veterans.
The anvil I carry is 175 lbs.
I couldn’t get it in the truck.
Loader tractor is apart. Had to ask nephew for help.
Sunday morning I’m pouring footers by hand for an addition to our house.
A little over 2 pallets of quick Crete.
I broke down and hired a couple helpers for that as well.
The weather has turned hot again.
Blacksmithing in a wool confederate uniform should be fun.
I’m feeling much more lively today.
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2024 at 6:09am
Take it easy bud. Overdoing it will get you on a bad way in hurry.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2024 at 8:43am
Yes, make sure you drink plenty of water
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2024 at 6:20pm
Good thing you were carrying the boards downhill. Even that would have put me in the recliner for a few days. This old man can’t handle what he used to do. Drink plenty of water with electrolytes, I add packets of Pedialyte to my water. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2024 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Good thing you were carrying the boards downhill. Even that would have put me in the recliner for a few days. This old man can’t handle what he used to do. Drink plenty of water with electrolytes, I add packets of Pedialyte to my water. 

None of us are young anymore, Kicks my Patootie trying to do what used to do with no second thoughts.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2024 at 11:40pm
Seems the thing about getting older - all the individual who use to be willing to help , are either gone or need the help more than I do . 
 since younger son moved his business out of my shop down to West Concord MN , I can't get him to do some of the 10 minute things I need help with .
  So right now I have 7 chain saws setting in shop to fix , have a problem with the 715B hoe in it will not pull fuel to injection pump , brakes not working on pickup , bunch of trees and branches here and at other house a bunch of tree trunks and brush to clean up - but no pickup to pull trailer and bring it here . 
 When I had the excavating business had no problem getting laborers , operators, truck driver when I needed . Now between no one wants to work side jobs , and no one will work , or somehow they want $25 to watch me do what i hired them to do 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2024 at 7:37am
Thad, the SCV is a good bunch. Sad that it's so controversial in today's world. I always enjoyed the live demonstrations. Keep up the good work and be careful.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2024 at 8:23am
Thad, you're suppose to 'work smarter, NOT harder' !!
Until you get that mantra going in your head, you'll either maim or kill yourself,for a few greenbacks .
I bought the Kubota 6 years ago and it's been a lifesaver. Hauls all sorts of 'stuff' and I haven't had to see the backcracker since !!!
If the 'peanut gallery' says can you do it faster, I reply 'SHOW ME HOW'.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2024 at 2:32pm
Busted out some concrete this morning ,install drains, pouring back this afternoon. Feeling your pain. Motion is lotion. It's hell to get old but beats the alternative!!!
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2024 at 7:28pm
Home and unloaded from my blacksmithing demos.
Watched the highlights of the Razorback game and a quick bite.
To bed early and pour concrete in the am.
Plan on finishing in time to go to church and hopefully come home and rest the afternoon away.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic