This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1953 WD No Oil Pumping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b-wheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1953 WD No Oil Pumping
    Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 8:50pm
I have recently got my 1953 WD running again, however it isn't pumping oil. The external lines are clear and have installed new guage and filter. I thought it may be just a worn out oil pump so I replaced it - still no pressure and not pumping. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the oil flowing?  My next thought was that the gear that turns the oil pump isn't turning, therefore not turning the oil pump. Could there be a pin or key missing on that gear? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links

Mike56073 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike56073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 8:58pm
    How do you know that the oil isnt pumping?  Are you going by the guage, is the engine noisey, or  something else?
Jeff Z. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff  Z.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 9:07pm
When this happens on my B I just remove the filter and squirt some oil down the tube in the filter housing and then it shows pressure.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 9:20pm
Take the oil pressure relief valve on the side of the block then crank it up. If it don't put  oil out there, then it may not be pumping oil.   MACK
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 9:22pm
I ment to say take the relief valve out.   MACK
b-wheels View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b-wheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 3:04pm
Thanks for the quick responses! I have taken the oil filter off and started and nothing pumps out and also have taken the external oil lines off and started engine, with still no oil pumping out the lines.   I also tried to pump oil back down the lines with a oil can, to try to prime the pump with the enigine off and then started and still non pumping. (I have not tried to prime while the engine is running though.)
Have not removed pressure relief with engine running to see if pumping out because I would have thought that I would have found oil pumping with the previous steps. Thanks again for the help. Should I try to remove the pressure relief or try priming with engine running?
Richardmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 3:39pm
do not start the tractor untill you get oil pressure  back as will dammage the bearings.
you should have oil pressure with just turning motor over with the starter. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic