This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 row Home made sub soiler/ripper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 row Home made sub soiler/ripper
    Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 9:49pm
Enjoy and criticize as you wish.

Still have a few more adjustments/modifications to make.

Ph is 6.5 but no noticeable difference in production last year as compared to un-limed adjacent ground.

Not ready to plow this ground but gonna experiment with this 3 row sub soiler.

As it sits it still turns up a clump of ground "to" often.

Gonna install larger culters and align them precisely with plow beam.... and take the blunt edge off the plow beam.

ENJOY

Edited by Macon Rounds - 20 Oct 2023 at 7:56am
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
Sponsored Links

Macon Rounds View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 9:54pm

Edited by Macon Rounds - 19 Oct 2023 at 10:09pm
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 10:20pm
Does the plow pull straight ?? I'd think it could want to drift/pull off to the left with no landsides ??
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 5:53am
The Tye company (if I remember right) made kits to convert plows into rippers.  don't know how well they worked.
AaronSEIA
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 6:03am
well I LIKE it !!!! I KNOW from running my single tooth subsoiler through the gardens that it really,really helps rejuvenate the soil. I went both N-S then E-W to 'checkerboard' the soil as one filed had been notilled for 40-50 years. That field required 1st, low and max RPM, come spring D-14 could be in 2nd, low, 3/4 throttle. THAT told me subsoiling was a GREAT idea.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 8:18am
Refresh my memory….did you soil test? What are you trying to grow here and what did you fertilize with, following soil test recommendations or no? Lime alone does not necessarily make things grow better, you need nutrients. Lime works in tandem with fertilizer, prevents nutrients being tied up by the soil.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 8:26am
Oliver sold a sub-soiler attachment for some of their plows, I have only seen pictures. Pretty sure they skipped every other bottom.

Interesting idea, keep us posted how it works. How deep can you get it into the ground?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 10:02am

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 10:18am
Well, that splains that!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 10:18am
LYNNMN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LYNNMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 12:24pm
Just hauled one similar to that for scrap
tractorboy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 5:29am
I'm having a similar experience with the curved shank sub-soiler I bought last year. Just want to open up a groove in the ground, but she lays over a clump & a slight mound where it goes through the ground. Don't want to disturb the ground cause it's pasture land. keith so. va.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic