This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snap Coupler 2 bottom Plow Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48AC/WD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snap Coupler 2 bottom Plow Questions
    Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 7:08pm
Hello, I have recently (in process of buying) bought a 2 bottom plow to put in a foodplot later on and I was wondering what your suggestions were, the plow has the snap-coupler pintle hook circle on the end of it. I want to pull it with my WC, since my WD is 3pt. equipped. I am picking up a drawbar for the WC this spring (didnt have one when i bought it.) Is this plow workable with the WC and what will I need to make it safe, should I modify it to attach an adjustable trailing wheel? Open to ideas, or is it a waste, I havent paid for it yet, but can get it for 150 dollars, and i am a welder. Also what model is it, it IS an Allis Chalmers plow. Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links

AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 7:12pm
It'd be near impossible to set up for a WC.  You can buy trailing or pull type plows for the WC that would work.  What kind of 3 pt do you have on your WD?  Should be easy to remove it and use the snap coupler plow.  Or buy another WD.  Orange paint is addictive:)
AaronSEIA
48AC/WD View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48AC/WD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 7:22pm
I was thinking a pintle hook on the WC drawbar and making a traiing arm on the rear with a hydraulic cylinder to lift and lower. it would work on the WD though. I really just want to work my WC on her rear steels........ :) What i've been thinking is a pintle hook on the drawbar and modifying the plow frame for a trailing wheel, like a pull behind. I have unlimited steel, and unlimited machine shop use..... Love being a  Navy HT right about now..... :)

Edited by 48AC/WD - 03 Apr 2011 at 7:43pm
Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 8:36pm
I don't think you could use the Allis snap coupler ring with a pintle hook, I'd wager its a little too narrow to drop on.
John (MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 8:48pm
I guess with a welder, unlimited steel and unlimited time about anything is possible.  But practical is another matter.  Use this plow on a snap coupler tractor and get a pull type plow for the WC.  Just remove the 3 point adapter and snap coupler drawbar and use your WD.  Much easier to work in tight spots like many food plots are with a pick up plow like this than with a trail type plow.  It would be a shame to ruin it so it's not good for anything.
48AC/WD View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48AC/WD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 8:55pm
You do have a good point John. I think Mr. Aiken said he has a pull behind for the WC up in Ohio. Maybe I will buy this one pictured as well for those tight spots you are talking about and use it on the WD as y'all suggest to do, are they a pretty good plow to break unfarmed ground and put in a plot? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic