This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any Agco 7600 owners out there?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MitchB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Agco 7600 owners out there?
    Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 9:30pm
We bought a 1993 7600 Agco from Mayer Agco in Ohio, but haven't received it yet.  Bought a planter from Mayer earlier this year & had good luck doing business with Mayer.   We intend to use the 7600 to replace our AC 6070 that runs our orchard sprayer.  Our 6070 has 7000 trouble-free hours on it and we thought it was time to update.  When it's time to spray our apple orchard, we HAVE to spray & need a reliable tractor.  
I heard some horror stories from neighbors who've bought tractors sight unseen.  One neighbor bought a 2520 JD that was supposed to be "super nice" and it had a bad block & a bondoed-up hood.  They eventually sent it down the road.
The 7600 has about 90 hp and has a Saamy (spelling?) engine.  Is this a good tractor?   Is that type of engine any good?   Does it have a good PTO?  Thanks everyone!
Mitch & Barb in West Michigan

Edited by MitchB - 19 Dec 2010 at 9:04am
Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 10:23pm
Did you draw any boot on the trade?
 PTO is the weakest part (don't use the economy speed) followed by the hydraulics,  MACK
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 10:29am
I think the whole tractor is a SAME made in Italy. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 1:00pm
When in Service school for those I remember the SAME tractors having issues with starting in cold midwest weather. Starters were too small and no room for a good size battery. If I remember right some models had FWA updates too and several other nickel and dime annoying issues. Things were bad enough that AGCO bought back most of the tractors and sent them to the tractor plant in Coldwater maybe and had them reworked and then resold with a new warranty. After that they may have been a good tractor. I left the Allis dealer not long after all that. I do know the the cab interiors seemed so cheap compared to older Allis and Deutz tractors. 8600 series seemed like they had a little nicer cab. 

Tractor that the boss owned was a 7085 Deutz-Allis and I really liked driving it. It had a very quiet cab and was very maneuverable. He never put many hours on it so I don't know how good they were. It was the only one he had out that I know of. I only drove the 7085 when he needed it moved from one farm to another.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
nowversatile View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nowversatile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 2:04pm
One issue that I was told about these tractors is not to run them on too steep of sidehills. Apparently the trans/hyd oil will not pick up in pump and/or lubrication  for bearings is not adequate when operating on slopes.  Can't  confirm this, but dealer told me of problems for a state DOT using them for ditch mowing. FWIW.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 2:34pm
we have some units out with 6000 plus hours on them.  The PTO issues mentioned were addressed with an updated PTO clutch pack and pressure relief valve.  Units have a rack bypass button just behind the rear fuel pump.  Lift it up , listen for clunk of rack opening and IF cranking speed is up it will crank til high 20's if engine is ok.  Under that they had a thermostart system or ether with small nozzle - never spray ether in the stack to crank on these or duetz's if at all possible .  Correct on severe hillsides, however if an additional 2 gallons over max is put in it seemed to correct the problem.  Biggest problem we had was the ball brg front end.. We switched these out to cone /cup setups.
MitchB View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MitchB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 6:44pm

Thanks for all the information.  It's much appreciated.  I'll be sure to check on the PTO issues.

Mitch & Barb in West Michigan
wheatbreeder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheatbreeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 7:14pm
I have a 6690 that I purchased two years ago I don't know about 7600 pto problem we have used the 6690 on shredder for two years and the pto is good. 
Morley 
Farm stuff 8050,6690,175,F2,5050,WD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic