This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

prettiest tractor allis-chalmers ever made

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 8:18pm
Im kinda partial to the 7000 series.
Sponsored Links

Andrew(southernIL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 11:02pm
I drool when I look at Calvins D21.
If fishing is a sport your looking at an athlete
MeadowLake View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeadowLake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 11:42pm
when I line them all up 180, 5040, D17, I think the D14 is the prettiest.... but wow that is one shiny 19
Husband wanted. Now accepting applications. Serious Allis only.
7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 12:35am
I like the 7000 series the best, but also like the 8550's. Mine isnt the sharpest but its not bad for 34 year old paint.
Leonard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 1:05am
I have to vote for the WD45.  Just looks like a tractor should.  But I have to agree the D21 is someone I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley at night, LOL.

Leonard
joegrgraham View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joegrgraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 3:02am
I agree with what others have said, the B is by far the prettiest, but for sheer brute force, get the job done style, it's gotta be the D21. That thing just oozes power!
If it seems like a good idea, do it. It's easier to apologise than to get permission.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 8:36am
Unstyled WF or an IB and I have neither to look at.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 8:40am
Either the C or the B  I'm partial to a NF C . We had a C when I was a kid, it made gardening a lot less work.
kev/ont View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev/ont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 5:04pm
Because I own one, I'm gonna have to say the WD is a very pretty tractor but my vote for the prettiest of all of them, (remember we're talking pretty here) would be the 6080 two wheel drive with the factory cab. I remember growing up when they come out and thinking that would be a cool tractor to have. Then one day soon after they came out, my dad bought one and I thought we had the world by the tale. We put almost 10000 hours on other than a few clutches in that time we never had too much trouble with it.
Max(ia) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max(ia) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 7:41pm
Like the D21 and my little D15 II, what the heck, all D Series for that matter.
DarrylinWA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 11:55pm
I have to vote for the D 21 !!!! A dueled up 220 looks great. (Wish I could duel up my 21 like Calvins but will not fit through the 12 ft. wide door !!!).
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.
Spud View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 7:39am
The 6000/8000 series were a sharp looking series.
Russ-neia View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russ-neia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 10:21am
8000's are pretty sexy...

The innovators offer what others will imitate.
Andrew(southernIL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 12:00pm
Forgot about how sharp you made that 8010. Even my die hard John Deere inlaws think the 80 series were tuff looking.
If fishing is a sport your looking at an athlete
Bob-Maine View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 1:34pm
How could anyone argue with any of the posts above (I don't think anyone did) Just shows what a great bunch we have on this site and how we have preferences but respect those of others. Let's hear some more opinions of the prettiest. Bob@allisdowneast
PS I just opened a very nice PM from Bill Long. If you ever have a chance to meet him, don't miss out.
dbaileyky View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbaileyky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 2:33pm
dbaileyky View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbaileyky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 2:33pm
gotta love the WC
Steve Wilkens View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Wilkens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 5:35pm
I vote for the D series, especially the late ones. But my heart like the WD and the WD45. My latest project...
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 5:42pm
 I' m partial to a WD45. 

JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 6:24pm

I like the letter series, the D series,  the 100 series, the 200 series, the 7000 series and the 8000 series over the rest of them. I just don't want to offend anyone.

A person can tell pretty close as to what age you are by the series of tractors you prefer.  Right or wrong? 

bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 6:34pm
 It doesn't matter which ever one you have you cant go wrong
DB View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 7:04pm
All the D Series
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 7:45pm
Joe you are right about the tractors we prefer and the age we are. I was ten when I saw my first new D-14 and spent all my teenage years in the mid 60's. I still think the "D" series are the coolest and the D-21 the meanist. I have them all in the shed (actually 10 D's and a H-3 which is really a D-15 crawler)! I remember hearing our dealer who was a personl family friend telling my Dad that the D-17 (fall of 1957) that A-C had sent to his dealership was too big for this area and was really a western tractor. Man was he wrong on that one. When he retired in '74 he was selling 200's.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 12:17am
Early (1938-40) styled WC with the stamped steel rear wheels and angled side exhaust. They are just simple, clean, and purposeful looking, with a style that was still not really dated when the D-series tractors came out in the late 50s. Honorable mention would be the bigger 7000 series tractors with an open station and duals!
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic