This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers 200 positive battery cable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.Bronk (WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers 200 positive battery cable
    Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 9:29am
Hi, does anyone know of any aftermarket battery cables available for the 200? Looking for a bit heavier gauge than the original version, plus the Agco one is a bit pricey? Thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 9:41am
not 200 specific... but there are many places that BUILD you a cable after you give them the LENGTH and what ENDs you want on the cable.. 1/0 cable size listed below... they also make 2/0 if you want larger... do you know what is on it now ?

Edited by steve(ill) - 03 Jan 2024 at 9:43am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 11:39am
Hi Jim!
I build Battery cables as well. Any size, any length.
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 1:17pm
I go to the local JD shop they make them while you wait lenght and size you want and it only 3 miles away. Its 40 miles to town they hydraulic press the ends and heat shrink them. Ive had cables made 25 years ago still working good as new.
Ky.Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ky.Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 1:32pm
I went thru this last year on my 200. The problem with having one made is the connector at the "solenoid?" ahead of the starter. My cable had one bad end. Luckily it was the one at the end where it connects to the second battery. So, I cut it off flush where it exited the first battery connection and used a new short cable from the second battery post and attached the flat end of the new cable under the bolt head where it clamps around post on the first battery. Works perfectly and I see no loss of conductivity. The cable was available as you stated, but too pricey for me. 
Buda6 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buda6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 4:09pm
I am new here and dont see where i can click to post a topic ?
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 4:16pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 9:33pm
I've changed all my larger tractors to Grp 31 stud top batteries, makes cables far simpler as both ends use lugs. I use 2/0 cable on diesels. Also change the ground cables to bolts on the cast housings instead of to sheet metal. 
My area these batt's are on sale more often than standard post batt of same size.
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic