This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Connecting gauge to oil pressure sensor 70240150?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElementalEarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Connecting gauge to oil pressure sensor 70240150?
    Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 9:24am
Hey everyone, just wondering if it's possible to hookup an electronic oil pressure gauge directly to the Oil pressure sensor AGCO part 70240150. 
It has a terminal and is obviously sending a signal, just not sure what it sends.

I currently just have an oil pressure light, but would be much better if there was an actual gauge involved showing the PSI.
Has anyone hooked up an electronic gauge to this sensor and how did the wiring look like? 
Or; is it not compatible and should I be looking at installing a mechanical oil gauge with metal oil line running to the dash?

I have also seen someone having the gauge right where the sensor is plugged in and foregoing the pipes needed to run to the dash.
Cheers!
I
OI

Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 9:39am
On FORD trucks, they have a similar sensor... It is basically an ON- OFF switch that comes ON at 7 psi and turns the light OFF..... No "variable signal" ... You could check that with a resistance meter.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 9:41am
easiest thing would be to buy the gauge you want and then the matching sender.  you could tee in the original sender to the light if you wanted also

Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
ElementalEarth View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElementalEarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 9:43am
Ah ok thanks for that, just a switch then, makes sense. I will have to look further then.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 10:00am
there are plenty of "after market gauges" .. as CAL said, you can get  a gauge and sender that plug in together ( NAPA or AUTO ZONE).... or you can get a Mechanical with a  tube going to a fitting on the motor... no elect.

Edited by steve(ill) - 07 Feb 2024 at 10:02am
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 10:46am
I put a T where the sending unit is and put a copper line going to a new dash gauge and kept the original light.
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElementalEarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 4:44pm
Actually really liking that aftermarket gauge you found on eBay.
Are those sending units universal 52mm on the allis ? It looks like the same size thread on the sensor switch, just from looking at the pictures and comparing them. But I can't be sure unless I go unscrew it at the tractor and measure it.

Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

there are plenty of "after market gauges" .. as CAL said, you can get  a gauge and sender that plug in together ( NAPA or AUTO ZONE).... or you can get a Mechanical with a  tube going to a fitting on the motor... no elect.

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElementalEarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 7:07pm
I measured the diameter of the screw thread part of the sensor and it is 3/8 of an inch.
Is that a standard size, universal fitting? I guess I could find an adapter if needed too.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 7:15pm
I would ASSUME that is a tapered 1/8 inch pipe thread.. You could take it to the Hardware store and see if a pipe coupling screws onto it.... YES... many of the "sensors" are 1/8 inch pipe..

Pipe OD...

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 7:20pm
1/8 NPT is National Pipe THread... this is one of hundreds of possibilities... You can get some that have a 90 degree sweep, or 180 or 270 degree sweep.. Some are 2 inch dia gauge, some are 2-1/16.. some go to 80 psi... etc....... Dont buy a 200 psi gauge if your reading 20 psi... Wink 

https://www.amazon.com/WATERWICH-Pressure-Electronic-Universal-Automotive/dp/B07Z1SH7TJ?

Edited by steve(ill) - 07 Feb 2024 at 7:42pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 7:43pm
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 9:26pm
I installed a AC 80 psi gauge in a black pod and mounted it at the starter on my 190XT. Used a tee and copper line to connect so I could keep the warning light. Turned out really nice and really like it in that location. I am always looking that way when I mow and bale hay. It is 1/8” pipe thread. Also installed one on my 160 because I liked it so well.

Edited by AC720Man - 07 Feb 2024 at 9:28pm
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic