This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One More All-Crop 60

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One More All-Crop 60
    Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 8:07pm
I spent way too much on this but apparently scrap prices are up lately. It's a 1948 and is a few thousand units newer than the first All-Crop I dragged home.

This one seems to have decent sheet metal - much better than my other one. The bin is good and I can probably thank the homemade cover that some previous owner made to fit on top. TBD on the cylinder area. The reel is mostly AWOL just like my other machine.

The most interesting thing about this one is that it has a 7/16" round hole finishing screen in it. I can only find this being mentioned for popcorn and great northern beans in my AC literature. I didn't have calipers with me at the auction and I was hoping it was the 3/8" soybean screen, but it may do okay for those as well?

There were a ton of spare belts and canvases stored on top of the straw walkers, plus a wheat/milo screen so I have an extra of those now. I don't know if the canvases are any good at this point. The straw walkers themselves have a couple of holes in them but I should have enough slats to make one good one out of my two.

Don't get me wrong... I'm still keeping my fingers crossed I find one of these in good shape hiding in a barn locally, but I may be able to get this new machine working with parts from the other one.

1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Sponsored Links

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 6:54am
Very nice. That ought to keep you busy awhile! Worst thing about them, (and roto-bailers) is the amount of shed space they take up. Maybe someday I'll have room?
DanielW View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 7:20am
7/16" screen should do just dandy for beans: A neighbour at our Northern farm had a few acres of beans to take off and needed a combine for it. We don't grow any beans, and farms up there are few and far between. I had some perforated sheet with 1/2" holes that I formed into a screen for my All-Crop 90 and lent it to him. Worked just dandy. Perhaps the sample was a tiny bit dirtier that what you'd typically see, but nothing really noticeable. With the scour-clean on top I suspect it was still a superbly clean sample.
dkattau View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkattau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 8:17am
I may have some reel parts for you, if you’re interested. Sent you a PM.
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 11:00pm
I hope to build a decent open sided shed in the next couple of years, and an All-Crop will be one of the things that gets shed space. A Roto-Baler would be slick too.

Great to know about soybeans. Of course now the gears in my head are wondering if popcorn would ever make sense here. All-Crops... almost too many choices of what you want to harvest!
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 6:19am
I have run corn though my all crop. Kind of rough on the machine and you need to change the cylinder bars around. We grew popcorn one year for a fundraising for 4 h club. Used the ac corn picker since it had stripper plates for the small ears then ran the ears through a hand crank corn sheller. Did use the combine one year when they sold bird seed. We grew some milo and another parents did the cracked corn and the sunflower
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic