This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Right to Repaair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Right to Repaair
    Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 9:34am
I found this site that is trying to change the way things are done in the corporate world.  They are getting laws passed world wide to give us the ability to repair everything for ourselves.  Go here https://www.ifixit.com/Right-to-Repair and learn all about it.  It is an eye opener.  Make sure to read about the "Voiding the Warranty" by opening anything to fix it yourself.  It is ILLEGAL!

Read about
For instance

Corporate lobbyists are fighting hard to keep you out of your stuff.

Companies opposed to the Right to Repair movement are spending millions of dollars each year to pay lobbyists to fight it. John Deere and other farm equipment manufacturers have outspent farmers 28-to-1. They're paying other lawyers, too: There were 17 lawsuits filed against Deere in the first six months of 2022 alone.

Right to Repair is the idea that you should be able to fix everything you own—wherever you want, whether that means fixing it yourself or taking it to a repair shop of your choice. Lots of manufacturers limit repair to their own repair services. This monopoly on repair lets them set prices wherever they want and refuse to do certain repairs, meaning stuff gets trashed too soon.

Legislation supporting Right to Repair requires manufacturers to provide repair documentation, parts, and tools to consumers and independent repair shops.

"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 1:00pm
Auto companies do it now... Its YOUR vehicle , not theirs... Last time i was at a "auto shop" was 1989 ...... Fix everything myself, if you have access to DATA and CODES..

Tractors should be the same..
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 2:08pm
A big issue with Deere with R2R is the loss of techs.  Some Deere dealers charge 125-150 + $/hr.  Large farmers with mulitple power uints of harvesters and tractors are being hit a huge lick as these units, thanks to computers, need constant attention.  The light bulb comes on - rather than paying this exhoratant rate - I will just hire the mechanic - give him a raise and benefits and cut my hourly rate to $40/hr vs $140.00  When not repairing we have an extra hand.  Thus a dealer trained (expensive) tech leaves the dealer.  
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 6:37pm
utah has been trying to pass the right to repair, bill but we also have some representives that thinks its going to break the local dealers and wipe out jobs if the indipendant shops have axcess to  data and tools   i am an indipenant shop and i want the right to repair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic