This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D17 series iv head gasket kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waw1962 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D17 series iv head gasket kit
    Posted: 29 May 2024 at 9:21am
I'm ready to reinstall my reworked head.  Tapped all the holes in the block, had the head redone (was warped) and have my new gasket kit.  Is there a diagram which shows the use of each of the gaskets in the kit?  There are probably 15 or more of them, and other than valve cover, head and thermostat, I'm not sure the use of each.  Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Travis2766 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis2766 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2024 at 5:16am
Best to get a service manual, kit won’t have any diagrams. You’ll need the service manual for putting it all back together anyway as it will tell you torque ratings and order for tightening head bolts and where each gasket goes.
190XT Series III, D17 Series IV, D15 Series II, All Crop 66 and a whole mess of equipment.
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2024 at 5:22am
Did you get a valve job kit or the complete overhaul kit?  They really should be self explanatory just by looking at them.
AaronSEIA
waw1962 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waw1962 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2024 at 6:19am
I have the original shop manual... will check for details again, but didnt see gasket diagrams. And self explanatory means different things to different people.
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2024 at 6:44am
Not all kits are the same, so it is pretty hard to say what you are looking at.  As AaronSEIA posted, what gaskets are in your kit depends on the kit you got.  Either on the package or the info you ordered it from there should be a list of what is included in that kit.  It is not uncommon for a kit to have gaskets in it you may not need as the kit might actually fit the engine in different applications, having different accessories attached.  If it is a valve grind head set it might have sealing parts in it that the shop (guessing, you had a shop do your head) replaced from their stock.  Here is a link to parts book for the D17 Series IV, it shows gasket sets for gas and diesel, but I don't know that the descriptions are to the level you are looking for.

waw1962 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waw1962 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2024 at 11:28am
Head Gasket Set fits Allis Chalmers 226 201 WF M65 WD TL12 WC TL10 D17 170 D WD45 TL11 175 233239 fits Gleaner E E3 (tractorpartsasap.com)

That's the kit I received.  I just want to make sure I don't overlook anything when reassembling.  Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic