This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woods L306 Belly Mower

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woods L306 Belly Mower
    Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 4:53pm
Was online looking for a Woods L306.  Found one on Facebook marketplace that looked promising, close by.  I enquired if still available, indicated a relative could pick it up within a few weeks, he indicated this would work.  I then enquired about how to get instructions/directions/contact info to my relative then was apparently blocked.  Are sellers often this flighty???
1952 CA13092
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 5:07pm
might seem like a scam to some people... just give the phone number to your relative and have him work out the details.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 7:36pm
What did you expect from FLAKEBOOK???
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
KMAG View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 7:51pm
He might have sold it and blocked you to avoid a bad review for renegging promise lacking compensation to not sell it to anyone else for weeks.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 8:04pm
yea.. i never agree to "HOLD" an item for more than 1 hour.. IF your "on your way" i will wait... Other than that its first come, first served.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

yea.. i never agree to "HOLD" an item for more than 1 hour.. IF your "on your way" i will wait... Other than that its first come, first served.

It's an 80-100 mile drive...gotta be some coordination at least.
1952 CA13092
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 8:32pm
yea...if you leaving NOW, i would hold it.. If you PAID, you can come in 2 weeks.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

yea...if you leaving NOW, i would hold it.. If you PAID, you can come in 2 weeks.

I might have paid in advance, but the conversation was terminated before it could be discussed.
1952 CA13092
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 8:38pm
yea... the guys that are 20 minutes away and "coming this afternoon" sure have an advantage..

i just sold a disc last week... Guy called 4 hours after it was posted.... Asked 10 questions in  5 different textssss... "I WANT IT"..... last was  "Be there first thing in the morning"... Sent another text at 9 PM ( about 12 hours after listing) that he expected to get the price dropped $200. ... I told him i had 3 other calls and it would be GONE by noon then next day... Never called back... and it was GONE in 24 hours.

Edited by steve(ill) - 04 Jun 2024 at 8:45pm
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 11:02pm
As a seller, I wouldn't have taken you seriously either.

I just bought a Kwik-Way boring bar from a guy on FB Marketplace. He'd had the thing posted for a day. It was 3 hours away. I messaged him and asked if he was available today and if I could drive down and buy it. Got to his place and he said he had been dealing with a dozen guys messaging, trying to beat him up on price without even seeing it. He demonstrated it to me, I gave him cash, and everybody was happy.

There is a large percentage of tire kickers and scammers out there, so when reaching out to folks about items for sale, always keep that in mind.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2024 at 2:20am
All I can say is that I would treat people more friendly/neighborly.
1952 CA13092
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic