This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA Control Box Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA Control Box Issue
    Posted: 08 Jul 2024 at 4:08pm
I had to increase the screws that hold the control box front on, by 1 gauge because the holes were stripped.  This has caused the box to "rock" about the screws when you activate the light switch in or out.  Recommendations for perhaps a rubber bumper on the top or bottom or other solution?

Edited by dfwallis - 08 Jul 2024 at 6:09pm
1952 CA13092
Sponsored Links

Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2024 at 7:59am
Usually, just a larger screw like you already added takes care of the front cover. If it's still loose, install a fold over nut on each side of the rear part of the box. Then install the front part and use new screws that are designed to fit the fold over nuts. You don't want to put rubber bumpers in, because if you're using the 3 position switch yet, the box needs to be grounded correctly for the 3 position Headlight/Charging switch to ground. You also can run an aux. ground wire off the switch to the Battery Pos ground to make sure the switch is grounded correctly if still using the 6V system.  HTH
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2024 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Steve in NJ Steve in NJ wrote:

Usually, just a larger screw like you already added takes care of the front cover. If it's still loose, install a fold over nut on each side of the rear part of the box. Then install the front part and use new screws that are designed to fit the fold over nuts. You don't want to put rubber bumpers in, because if you're using the 3 position switch yet, the box needs to be grounded correctly for the 3 position Headlight/Charging switch to ground. You also can run an aux. ground wire off the switch to the Battery Pos ground to make sure the switch is grounded correctly if still using the 6V system.  HTH
Steve@B&B

Thanks, I previously added an extra ground wire directly to the switch to ensure it's always grounded.  I will consider a clip-on nut.  I happen to have a large assortment already :)  That might also allow me to tighten it a little more without fear of stripping.
1952 CA13092
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic