This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

301 Performance Head Photos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 301 Performance Head Photos
    Posted: 13 May 2013 at 6:59pm
The second one of these so far. Enjoy the photos. If anyone can help me size them correctly it would be much appreciated.

Edited by O.P.S. Heads - 13 May 2013 at 8:51pm
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 7:40pm
Very nice,, completely home made or just doctored up      ?
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 7:51pm
It's a new, solid casting not an OEM head with the water jacket filled. This allows for improved intake and exhaust ports.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 7:57pm
That's sweet looking. Have you put any on a engine how does it perform
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 8:04pm
The first head we made ran on a single turbo, big cube engine in the LLSS class. Although we never did any direct dyno comparisons between it and an OEM head, I think it was a nice improvement performance wise. The flow numbers are considerably more than OEM which allows a larger turbo to be used.

Edited by O.P.S. Heads - 13 May 2013 at 8:05pm
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 8:17pm
Big turbo is always fun lol. Is this your own tractor your running it in. What other engines do you play with
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 8:21pm

this is what it look like @ 480 with
                              and 270   height
when you up load your picture you can change
the size. in

Image Properties

your size is    1920    with
                      1080   height
what ever you do to one number you have
too do to the other number or it will look funny
  HTH      B:-)       Dnoym 

Edited by Dnoym N. S. Can. - 13 May 2013 at 8:26pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 8:25pm
The big cube single was mine that I sold to a buddy. That's when this type head was used after he bought it. I have another friend with a twin turbo LLSS model 180. Right now he is still using the OEM head. I don't have a tractor of my own anymore. Haven't for years. Still enjoy tractor pulling and in particular the 301 engine. We struggle to keep up with the red and green tractors around here. The improved head is designed to narrow the gap and last longer than the old OEM heads which my buddy replaces every year due to cracks.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 8:29pm
Dnoym,

I like that size a lot better. Where do you find the "image properties" button??
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 8:35pm
I do like messing with the 301 too,, lots of power/ potential outa a small package ,, and always in a One Eighty too!!

Edited by DougG - 13 May 2013 at 8:36pm
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 8:36pm
Awesome. I'm just curious if the exhaust manifold is on it for some reasons we talked about
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 8:48pm
Not on this one(and yes I know what you are talking about). The manifold is there just to illustrate how a stock manifold will fit. The intake side uses the 426 intake manifold bolt pattern so a 426 intercooler will bolt right on if need be.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 8:51pm

in the quick reply message at the bottom
of this post you will see the up/side ways
arrow hit that button and then click on
the picture of the tree that will bring
you to the image properties and the
image you all readed loaded so if you click
on one of your picture  you will see on your
right where you can see the size so i took and
divide them number by 4
B:-)      Dnoym

Edited by Dnoym N. S. Can. - 13 May 2013 at 8:58pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 8:54pm
Thanks a bunch. I'm not all that sharp so I need all the help I can get.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 9:01pm
It's not that you aren't doing a good job of explaining it, but I still am having trouble. I when I get to the tree and click on it, all I am getting is a chance to upload more pics.
cornbinder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 2:40am
real nice  cyl. head. there is lots of power to be had bye a cyl. head that flows well. can you do that head that the water jackets  aren't filled for guys like me that want better performance for guys like me that want to pull and still put their tractor in the field?? or is it strictly for higher rpm pulling?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 7:42pm

you must be useding a hosting site to up load
your picture i did fine some more help for you
don`t give up your all most there .there people
 hear that will help you

Originally posted by Gerald J. Gerald J. wrote:

Or click on the arrow in the reply block header that's pointed up to the right. That brings up a more versatile editor which has provision for inserting an image. Go to photoshop and get the link like Erik says and when you click on the insert image it will have a place for the image address at photoshop, copy and paste that link, adjust the size to about 600 x 800 to fit on most user's displays well, then type your text before and after.

Also note that if you go back to a post of yours, that when reading it there will be a button up to the right for post options and one you get is to be able to edit your posts, to make changes and corrections.

Gerald J.

Originally posted by ErikR ErikR wrote:

OK, on the photobucket webpage that your tractor picture is on... do you see the box marked "image links"?

There are 4 choices, they're marked..... Email & IM, Direct link, HTML code, and IMG code.

click the IMG code, the actual code, not the words "IMG code"..... it should say copied after you do...

Paste the code in the forum reply box 

If you're on a Mac.... I'm clueless

B:-)     Dnpym
mattb View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 9:52am
How much bigger is a 426 valve? Im running a naturally aspirated 301 at 2400 rpm in antique farmstock and looking to get more power out of it.
lussetto View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lussetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 1:17pm
Would like to talk to you about the head set up.
Greg
308-279-0232
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 1:22pm
Matt B. The 426 intake valve diameter is 1.835". A stock 301 valve is about 1.600 if I remember right. Depending on your bore diameter you can go with a bigger valve which will yield more flow yet. The ports are big enough. Flow bench results show that an OEM head with 426 valves will flow about 160 - 170 CFM on the intakes with a normal port and polish job. This head was at 240 CFM with 426 valves. The very first head was @ 285 CFM with 2.00 inch dia. valves. I am working to improve the port more yet and the goal is to get 265- 270 with the 426 valve.

Greg,

Email me - opsheads@hotmail.com

Edited by O.P.S. Heads - 16 May 2013 at 1:26pm
AC200Puller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC200Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 3:00pm
Nice looking head. Do the sleaves have to be cut for the 426 valves on this head?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 9:18pm
The valves in this head are located in the same position as an OEM head so if you are less than 4 1/8 dia. bore you will need to notch the sleeves so the valves will have proper clearance if you are using 426 sized valves.

It is not mandatory to use 426 valves. Depending on how the head is machined, smaller valves could be used.

Edited by O.P.S. Heads - 17 May 2013 at 9:21pm
AC200Puller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC200Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 9:24am
Ok Thanks. Keep up the good work!
bkostishion View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkostishion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 9:17pm
do you have any pictures showing how you notched out the sleeves? thanks. 
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 7:04am
Nice looking work!
KevinON View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 5:21pm
Do your heads work with a 301 twin turbo or do you require more cubes? Very nice work btw.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic