This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis CA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2024 at 9:33pm
Allis folks,
The little CA project is fighting me every step of the way today. I did get several parts sandblasted. my compressor overheated and kicked off till it cooled down. 
Also prototyping an area in the shop to finally set up some work benches, tool boxes, and storage areas. This should help get some projects moving along quicker, maybe?:) So I need to build support structures for the 24 feet of new old work benchs. Also brought my old craftsman tool box from the house garage to compliment the larger craftsman box given to me by my grandson Mike. So my cost so far is about zero. I will have to buy some lumber for the legs.

Yesterday I had the sandblaster where the toolboxes were. I had to relocate the dust collector on the sandblaster to the back allow it to go back to the other side of the garage door. Just another minor job to keep moving forward. No I didn't clean the top of the tool boxes off as I moved them! It's my trademark. 

My view from the new bench, work area. I plan to wrap around the corner with another 12 feet of bench along the south wall also. Planning for just some shelving under the work surfaces too. Then I should be able to move my 4 x 7 foot work table into this corner as an island. Will this help me move along on the CA? Well its is a good diversion and much needed in the shop. Like any horizontal surface my areas get filled quickly with stuff! All kinds of stuff!

Oh yeah after ice cream with Cheryl we took a ride and looked at another CA. Yes the "Williow" CA tractor, is still sitting in the yard several miles away. Tires bad. water in the pan. Unsure if the engine is free? My guess is it's froze tight. Maybe even broken block? Anyway they are still out there. Do I need another? Not really! But the 4 great grand kids might have some fun at tractor pulls if it could be resurrected. Humm? 
Happy labor day!
Regards,
 Chris and Cheryl

Edited by Sugarmaker - 01 Sep 2024 at 9:59pm
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Sponsored Links

dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2024 at 10:21pm
My vote:  save all CAs wherever they are no matter how far gone they are, no matter how much it costs :)
1952 CA13092
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2024 at 9:20am
Allis team,
 Took the Allis CA crank to the machine shop for evaluation of the thrust. Both the old and new thrust bearing measured about the same. Thrust was about .010 over spec.  So have decided to have him remove the crank gear, clean up the thrust surface on the crank and remove a little from the crank snout. Then re set the gear on the shaft bringing this dimension back to spec.

A few parts:

I did get the new battery charger on the E tank and half of the CA fuel tank has been in since yesterday. This charger has a timer for about 2 hours. Seems to be working OK.
small moves.

Tractor pull last night with the WZ. 3500 lb class had more than enough power and spun out well before the 300 foot mark. Well the clutches and governor spring worked fine. Now to find the best weight class. I think the additional weight on the rear (1000 lbs) bring it back to the 4500 lb class. It may be balanced much better??

Regards,
 Chris and Cheryl
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2024 at 9:49am
Chris...i must have missed one post.. Why do you call the tractor a WZ ? Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2024 at 9:05pm
Steve,
it has 'Z' code gleaner engine in it.
A little more power to the wheels, which is not always a good thing. 
Regards,
 Chris and Cheryl
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic