This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hd6g starting problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Kerf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2024 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Jhilton69 Jhilton69 wrote:

Just wondering why it wouldn't at least click one just one battery? I'll change them out tomorrow and see what happens

I have seen batteries do exactly this. If any of the internal connections between cells separates  it can still pass a few electrons for your voltmeter to register voltage, but it is incapable of flowing enough current to even click the solenoid.

Even with two batteries in series it still effectively opens the circuit because the current has to pass through every cell, cable, connector, terminal, etc. A break, or a high resistance at any one point results in failure. This is why I asked you to check each component separately, and it looks like you may have found the culprit.
Sponsored Links

Jhilton69 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhilton69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2024 at 5:06pm
Well Coke just got a chance to go out to check the batteries. Well battery 1 which said 11.7 volts was bone dry. Battery 2 which said 12.4 looked like the acid was just at the top of the fins. I dont know why something so easy just blew right over my head. Guess to many irons in the fire on that one. Thanks for reminding me
Les Kerf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Kerf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2024 at 5:53pm
Yup, it's almost always something basic. I have earned a living with voltmeters, etc. and while they never tell a lie, they don't always tell the whole truth.
Let us know when you get 'er fired up! Smile
Jhilton69 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhilton69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2024 at 6:16pm
Well I wanna thank everyone that have me suggestions to het my ol girl running. It came down to a battery that was empty but still showing voltage. She fired right up in bout to turns of the engine. Let her sit and run for bout 5 minutes then went to rasing the bucket as soon I started lowering it had a hydraulic hoses blow. Just my luck. Have to get one made when I get back from my trip up north. Again thank y'all for being so helpful
Les Kerf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Kerf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2024 at 7:52am
Sweet! Smile
Thanks for the feedback, it's always nice to know how things work out.

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2024 at 7:42am
It could be the starter itself. If you’ve checked connections and they’re good, try replacing the starter. If that doesn’t work, check the ignition switch or the relay next.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Jhilton69 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhilton69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2024 at 9:55am
Hey Jay it was the battery it was completely dry some how.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2024 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Jhilton69 Jhilton69 wrote:

Hey Jay it was the battery it was completely dry some how.

Check your charging rate.  Could be high and boiling the battery dry...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic