This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

spacer or ADapter for Lincoln mig,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: spacer or ADapter for Lincoln mig,,,,,
    Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 8:48pm

I ahd NOT bought any of the big 10# rolls of wire for my Lincoln 175 HD because i don't ususally burn enough wire and the big rolls stay on the machine too long and lost 2/3 of one 10# roll as it had stayed on the spool and rusted on the wire.  I been buying the 2# rolls for the longest,,except this weekend,,!!  I had planned to do most of the welding on the bed so I had bought two of the big 10# rolls till I get home with them and I find them frigging 10 # rolls require about a 2" spacer/ adapter to mount the 10 # rolls to the 1/2" shaft on the machine ,,,,,,,,,
 Hauled back to welding stiore but were already CLOSED,,,,,,,,,,,,,GRRrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Does anyone have a lead where to buy these adapters,,,,??
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 9:17pm
does it look like this ??

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 9:20pm
Home Depot is cheap and they deliver for FREE..

Edited by steve(ill) - 13 Jan 2024 at 9:21pm
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 12:59am

Well,,Steve,,I see you got your "Super Dooper Parts finder" going again,,,,I LOVE IT,,,!!!
 I don't have an Idee what it is suppossed to look like as I havent bought a 10# roll in many Many Years ,,,
  Fact is I'm going to The Alien Town today as a fact of the matter and am gonna check out Home Depot to see if they got one. I was talking with ole Thad last night and I figured I would just machine one on my trusty lathe, but I did not have a big enough piece of plastic or brass to machine one ,,, So it's Home Depot or wait till Monday,,,Wink
 I also had No idea they did home delivery,,,I been using Walmart.Com  and Amazon.com for that reason and I am impressed with their SUPER QUICK delivery service!! I ordered 2 gallons of Dexron 3 at noon on Friday and they delivered them Sat at noon,,Amazing,,!!and got the internet price to boot,,,,!!!ClapClap

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 10:00am

Just got off the phone with internet sales at Home Depot and quickest delivery date is Jan 18, thru, Jan 25,,,same for Amazon. There are two welding supply stores in Roswell so hopefully they got one in stock Tomorrow,,if not gotta wait,,,Chit,,!!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 10:28am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Just got off the phone with internet sales at Home Depot and quickest delivery date is Jan 18, thru, Jan 25,,,same for Amazon. There are two welding supply stores in Roswell so hopefully they got one in stock Tomorrow,,if not gotta wait,,,Chit,,!!

Tomorrow is MLK day. Nothing open here.
I sent you a link to those wire wipers.

Edited by Thad in AR. - 14 Jan 2024 at 10:38am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 4:12pm

UMmmm,?,,OKay Thad,,I Give,,who is MLK?,,,,sounds like I ain't getting no adapter tomorrow either,,,,??
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 4:26pm
Martin Luther King.....
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 4:52pm
Your welfer should have came with one mine did. Its probably still in the bag with the manual and the otherfeed wheel and tips that got put away when bought. And is now forever lost until you buy a new one then itll show up. Ive got onto the habit of taping a zip lock with the little bits that ill probably never use inside the door of all the new equipment when i get it.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Martin Luther King.....

Oh Chit,,Steve,,,,,I ain't gonna have to go incognito,,,,Am I,,??
 T'was an honest mistake,,Ya know,,,?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic