This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers 345 - Fiat Allis 345 B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers 345 - Fiat Allis 345 B
    Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 6:28am
Guys:  Looking for insights on a Allis 345 Wheel Loader or Fiat Allis 345B machines. 

Looks like an 11 year production run 6 cyl. Allis 301 engine to start off with. 

Anyone using these for topsoil, pit work or snow removal.   

Orangeman
Sponsored Links

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 3:41pm
My cousin in Sweden had one for some years, he really liked it and used it for snow clearing more than anything. I believe his had a Perkins Diesel. His machine  could have come out of a European manufacturing plant possibly. The 345's seem to very scarce in North America?
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 6:27pm
Actually I believe there's a plant, in Sweden, or maybe Denmark, that is producing a direct copy of an AC wheel loader, saw a video here about it, a coupla years ago...
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 5:21am
Would love to see the video - maybe a Volvo engine in the unit?
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

Actually I believe there's a plant, in Sweden, or maybe Denmark, that is producing a direct copy of an AC wheel loader, saw a video here about it, a coupla years ago...

You're probably referring to the "Ljungby loader" made in Sweden. The design of the loader specifics is really a copy of the A-C's. Model numbers are different than A-C however. They are very popular in Europe. Even high hour used machines command a very good resale price. Due to equipment politics Volvo refuses to sell them their engines. In the past apparently they rebuilt used Volvo engines and installed them in the new machines, now I believe they come with Mercedes engines. Some good clips on youtube of these loaders.
The old A-C articulated loaders keep getting rebuilt and used in Sweden. New parts are easy to get over there...another cousin of mine rebuilt a 1965 545 that is in regular use.
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 7:38am
Never ceases to amaze me I can see AC in a lot of machines as to design, styling, engineered aspects.  If you look to the mid 90's CASE backhoes they look eerily similar to the later Allis with sloped hoods, small grill area and so on.  The only machine I see little of is the crawler lines, seems no one wanted to go there after FA was distributed although Cat has gone back in the D7 series to flat oval drive trucks/rail setups, some of the latest CNH crawler dozers look to have FA styled undercarriage.
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 9:03am
DMiiller - AC designs may have faded out with the Fiat takeover - interesting to note is the Caterpillar D3C which carries the sloping hood that was initiated with the H4/HD4 designs and carried into the 650 series (i.e. 652, 653 and 655 machines).  

Not surprising that others picked up on some of the Allis Designs - just wish AC Springfield plant was still going and producing tracks, rolls, sprockets and idlers for these wonderful AC Dozers and Shovels.  

Eric B - Appreciate the excellent insights on the Swedish Wheel loaders - one can definately see the AC styling influence.   

When Fiat went to the FR series was the 345b rebadged with another reference?

Thanks for any insights!

Orangeman
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 6:13pm
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 6:47pm
Thanks Dave for posting the link I was too lazy to do the homeworkLOL

Orangeman: The closest I have seen online, but not in real life, as maybe the newer Fiat-Allis # for a 345B is FR7 and later FR70. The FR70 has a 1.5 yd bucket. Here's an address you can copy and paste: http://www.equipmenttraderonline.com/Construction-Equipment/listing/1995-Fiat+Allis-FR70-117085681

If I ever become as smart as Dave I'll be able to put life to the linkEmbarrassed. I know he told me once but...teaching old dogs...LOL
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 9:02pm
Easy as pie, Eric... Copy the link, all but the http://, at the left. Hit the blue Icon, top left, second one in, in the short form reply box, paste copied link, into box, making sure that the http:// is in the selector box, at left, hit preview, to see, then OK, at bottom, and viola, a link is made:

orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 5:09am
You gentlemen never cease to amaze with yoru wisdom on links and revisons that were made to the AC Industrial/Construction line. 

Much appreciated - Thank - You!

Orangeman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic