This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD6 Chain Specs ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimInOz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD6 Chain Specs ?
    Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 8:46pm
Hi All,

I'm new here & look forward to getting to know a bit about the Allis Crawlers,Loaders,etc.

I wondered if anyone has specs on HD5 or HD6 track chains?
I have a pair of chains here,which have a 6.5" pitch ,16" plates & 35 links.
Initially I thought they were IH TD9 chains,but I suspect they may be Allis.The 6.5 pitch is not too common,I think.
There is no identifying numbers on the links.

Any info is appreciated.
Thanks..

Jim

Edited by JimInOz - 13 Sep 2016 at 10:16pm
Sponsored Links

donoman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 11:40pm
they look like Inter chains with the slot to locate the grouser plate, but 6.5 pitch is the same as  HD5/6.
donoman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 11:43pm
Allis chains usually had quite rails even when the chains are worn
JimInOz View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimInOz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 12:30am
Hi Donoman,

I have the Berco specs on the TD9 chain.
Some of the specs match my chains,but others do not.
My chains might be old "aftermarket" chains,which often vary the dimensions a little.
I imagine that the 16 inch plates are not common.

I thought the arch pattern in each link might look familiar to somebody.

Edited by JimInOz - 14 Sep 2016 at 1:07am
donoman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 3:27am
Hi JimInOz,
 16" was an available size 13" 15" 16" 18" 20" 22" 24" and 26". my HD6G has 13" my HD6E's have 15 and 18" grousers, would be interesting to know the specs on TD9 Chains, a few years ago they went thru a stage of making those ribless chains but I think they may have stretched to much.
JimInOz View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimInOz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 4:07am
Another view

Happy to email the TD9 specs to you...PM me.

Edited by JimInOz - 14 Sep 2016 at 4:21am
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 9:35am
35 link would be dozer - the HD5 G used 37 links - the HD6 G used 2 more as they added 1 roller to undercarriage  believe the HD5 A or B was 33 on short track with option of 2 more links on F 

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 16 Sep 2016 at 9:37am
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
JimInOz View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimInOz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 7:26am
Thanks Coke,
I bet that Track Wear gauge is highly prized.
I wish I had a few of them over the years.

I measured the Track Plate bolt spacings....4x2 inches (approx.)
Donoman sent me some chain specs,but not everything was covered.

Jim
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:53am
I picked up some gauges from a equipment jockey that went out of business - there were 3 AC HD6 gauges in the lot . 
 Have some other IH, Cat ones yet - why we save some things we will never use ? to good to throw away !
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Anchor View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anchor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 4:47am
Hi Coke-in-MN,

I know this thread is really old thread but I thought it was worth a shot. I'm chasing a HD6 track gauge and was wondering if you would part with one of the three you picked up? Happy to pay plus any postage. Let me know if you'd consider parting wtih one.

Cheers,
Anchor.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 8:49am
Will have to look through my collection - or see if somehow I can get a factual tracing and size into a PDF and send to you .
  think the other ones I have are on aluminum plate 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic