This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

545 RESCUE TO COLLECTION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 545 RESCUE TO COLLECTION
    Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 10:15pm
Thought I would update progress on the 545 we rescued several years ago. But I couldn't find the post, couldn't even find the pictures in my computer, truth be known the post didn't happen until now. photo septic tanks 063_zpsh14ydv2j.jpg
Summertime is not good posting time for me so some of these events get away. It's posting season now  (20 plus inches of rain).David made a 4 hour trip one way to Montague, Ca. to pick this up. photo septic tanks 064_zpsbygbimhk.jpg
It was inoperable as you would expect, so we did our normal loading. photo septic tanks 066_zpslwx3fjym.jpg
It was being used on a dairy and got tired.
 photo septic tanks 065_zps2xdlgzca.jpg
It was pretty cooperative. photo septic tanks 069_zpshyruslng.jpg
Came with a couple of buckets, both pretty rough. photo septic tanks 070_zpsjs1tdjda.jpg
So it's been sitting like this for several years. Needed tires photo PC110012_zpstbh6fmer.jpg
We thought if we could find some tires that would hold air we could at least roll it around and work on it when possible. photo PC110013_zpsfdn0ldrv.jpg
So we drug it out and put it on the cement where it might be easier to work on. photo PC110016_zpsg64ueapb.jpg
The tire guy is coming with 4 tires that are round,black and air proof. We have another engine if we can't rehabilitate this one. photo PC110019_zps1nn8kby1.jpg
So we currently are working on an 840B loader and a 545 and thinking about what crawler to start on for the Logging Show in March.
Sponsored Links

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 10:41pm
That loader looks very similar to mine.  It has a cracked intake tube in the transmission which pretty much requires pulling everything apart and replacing the tube and put it all back together. 
Glad to hear you got 20 inches of rain, that should help the ground water situation and make the grass green!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 8:16am
Now that's the way to load a piece of non-running equipment!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 11:08am
Dang-- I been under so many things that I sure could have used that track HOE TO PICK UP
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 2:04pm
I could just use a track hoe excavator PERIOD!!!
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 3:10pm
Nice Work Mel:  How many hours on the clock?

Saved another one from a miserable EPA fate!

Orangeman
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 9:35pm
Ok, the tire guy showed up with some tires photo 00 545 EBAY 004_zps3l1a3hdq.jpg
Don't know how soon we'll get back to it, but at least it's mobile photo 00 545 EBAY 007_zpssnvjujim.jpg
ACcrazy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 9:43am
Nice one, Mel. Looks to be in fairly nice shape--at least cosmetically.
That's one of the good things about not being right on the coast like where I'm at. Things don't turn to rust overnight. Smile

Edited by ACcrazy - 26 Dec 2016 at 9:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic