This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IT IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IT IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!
    Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 4:59pm
Well the ole forty-five fired up today and moved under its own power for the first time in a fort night. I certainly am not going to say that it ran like a champ, or any such thing, but it did go. I am thinking that a brand new tank full of diesel fuel with a stiff shot of stanadyne will help. As far as other functions go, I think that there are more that don't work than do. Power steering not working is a big thing. Got to get that working before we can play with it, I mean work with it, much at all. It may well be put to better use as a parts machine, but I seriously doubt I have the nerve to knock it in the head. I mean, after all, it is allis. Darrel
Sponsored Links

CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 5:13pm
I don't have the guts to make anything a parts machine! Especially if it's more or less complete. 

I have that problem with All-Crops. I can buy them complete, but been sitting outside unused or 40 years. I'll buy them for parts, but I know I won't be able to part them out. I'll end up buying "Parts machines" then making them runners before you know it. Ermm  
Then I still don't have parts!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 5:56pm
I hear ya Creston. Ya have one machine that needs parts, so you buy a parts machine. Then instead of having a runner and a parts machine, you now have two machines that you need parts for. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 6:04pm
All in all, it was a good day, though. Besides getting the old road grader going, we also got an old international farmall H running that hadn't been stared for at least five years or more. The H was one of my father in law's favorites, and he just passed away, so my son is going to lead the funeral procession with it on Friday morning. We changed all the fluids in it, and it fired up right off the bat, and ran good. Maybe we had a little help from above on that one. Darrel
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 6:49pm
Darrel

Congratulations on the 45.
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 9:44pm
Sorry to hear about your FIL. Glad to hear about the 45, that's a rush. You are on a roll, ride the wave Darrel...Now its time to go at say an hd5 or a 7580 lol, Trev.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 10:20pm
Thanks. TREVMAN, you've got a pretty good handle on my priority projects. Lol Darrel
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 11:05pm
Darrel

The section on steering isn't too big if you need pointers.  I can scan and forward.  PDF would be easiest - not sure if this site allows you to tack them on to pm's
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic