This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers industrial 615 ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dquip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers industrial 615 ???
    Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 1:49pm
Just found the site as I was looking for some info on a tractor I just got in. It has 615 decals  and by the pictures I have seen of others it is probably accurate. It is an industrial style tractor painted yellow (a repaint I believe but does look like an industrial model.) It is gas powered, has 3 point and pto. My question is this, I have tried to research the transmission in these and have not been able to find anything that matches what I have. I have had an older allis with the power director and it is not that. I have read up a little on the shuttle clutch style and it doesn't appear to be that either. Best I can tell it is a hydro of some sort. Has a standard 4 speed trans, a clutch on the left that kind of looks like a hand lever but is easiest used by foot. Then, speed and direction are controlled by two foot pedals on the left. One for forward and one for reverse. Just like a newer hydrostatic the farther you push the faster it goes. Once you have selected a gear in main trans no more clutching needed, speed and direction are controlled by these two pedals on the left. I can not seem to find info on this anywhere and have never seen one like it. Anyone have  thoughts or experience with this?
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 6:34pm
its the same shuttle clutch, just hydraulically actuated.  As with the hand style clutch, infinite "feathering" is possible, thus you can go from 0, to the maximum, the gear will run.  With your tractor, use caution, with the PTO.  It is non-standard, runs  at a different speed, than the standard 540...
dquip View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dquip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 6:50pm
Interesting thanks. I have never seen this on these before, is it a bit rare or not?
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 7:01pm
I think it is standard on the industrial. I second the pto warning on my d15 with the shuttle clutch I tried to use it haying this summer and I would guess it is closer to a 720 then 540 pto. Wasn't a fun experience ended up with the impression that it is only really good for my brush hog and chipper.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic