This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C70 truck seats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C70 truck seats
    Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 6:19am
We've got a 1985 C70 spreader truck and I'm ready for some different seats. It had the original bench seat. Then my father in law decided it needed AC so he bought one of those in cab units but had to change to buckets. He traded the bench seat for a WORN OUT bucket and bought a jump seat for the passengers side. These bucket seats are so rough it's about like using buckets for seats. I hauled and spread 5 loads of litter yesterday and my back is still sore. The AC is no longer in the truck. It worked for a summer or two then quit and it's not worth the money to me. I figure you fellas have seen several of these trucks as grain trucks so anybody got a bucket seat recommendation? Would rather it be a junk yard special because I don't use the truck a lot but enough that it needs a decent seat. I really like the buckets because of the extra room it gives in the cab. So what's a reasonably comfortable bucket seat that fits these trucks reasonably and doesn't break the bank?
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 5:44pm
Check out a Chevy P30  motor home chassis.  I have 1.  Drivers seat seems to be a little higher than my pickup.  It has 2 arm rests makes it easy to slide around and adjust the old body for those of us who have bad backs.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic