This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help from a FaceBook Einstein

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help from a FaceBook Einstein
    Posted: 10 Aug 2023 at 4:26am
Just out of the blue, I can no longer see the local antique tractor club page --- everyone else can, just not me.

Just to be CLEAR, I can quickly/easily see and post to anywhere else in FaceBook that I have tried, just not the local Antique Tractor Club page = one minute and for years and years before, I could access it fine; then, all of a sudden, it is as if I have been blocked.

Someone mentioned "FaceBook Jail" ; however, everything I read about that says it is an all or nothing deal as in not limited to a single page.

I have tried three browsers and three different computers and the same on all of them = page does not exist or something similar.

My wife can sit down at the same desk and immediately bring it up as can everyone else.

The president of the club who maintains the page was surprised of my dilemma and had no idea why I was singled out.

I have had the page bookmarked for years in three different browsers and now none of them work.

Typing the exact address in the address bar does not work.

Google searching the site by name will not bring them up --- yet the wife can search it under her name and it will be top of the list.

It is not a browser problem as none of three will work.

It is not a computer problem as switching between three different machines yields the same results.

I have investigated my Settings and especially my "Blocked" list and there is nothing there that should cause this behavior.

FaceBook extremely generic "Help" page has thus far proved to be completely useless in finding a fix for my situation.

I just now logged off FaceBook and Google searched the page; it showed up top of the list; I clicked the link and it then wanted me to log in to continue; I logged in and immediately got "This Content isn't Available Right Now" --- it for darn certain is available for everybody else.

I sure hope someone has a solution; thanks for reading.
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2023 at 4:15pm
Had that happen on one site , seems somehow my address got into banned from site by someone . 
 I am moderator on a site for USS Constellation CVA 64 , and the old site was taken over by hackers and the Administrator rights taken over by them so they now sell T shirts , coffee mugs and  other junk and flood site with these sales things . 
  Another 3 sites I have FB changed to Public so anyone could post or see what is posted . In a school site I let someone else be Moderator while I was administrator - somehow he removed me as ADM and placed himself in that position then removed me completely from site 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic