This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAC torque limiter adjustment. In tractor.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

Let me know where you trade and sell your equipment so I never buy a piece owned by you.  

Doesn't sound like he trades. Seems he uses it up and scraps it instead!
Sponsored Links

Mrgoodwrench View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 1:02pm
You're right creston...that's more of his arrogance and stupidity. Even after that 7050 falls in half from his hack job it will still be worth way more in parts than scrap.

He complains about the mindset of collectors and enthusiasts but would be too dumb to take advantage of their passion and make money selling them parts
There are 3 ways to do job GOOD, FAST, CHEAP. YOU MAY CHOOSE 2. If its FAST & CHEAP it won't be GOOD, if it's GOOD & CHEAP it won't be FAST, and if its GOOD & FAST it won't be CHEAP!!!!
Tcmtech View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 1:03pm

If it's a low hour machine like you say, then why is it's next stop the scrap yard? How many hours do you put on a machine before it's scrap. I can put lots and lots on ours. Maintenance is key. Without it you'll be selling junk to the scrapper in only a few years. What's more profitable, to spend $3,000 every few years on another tractor orkeep the one you have in good repair. My 7050 I bought in 1997 or 98 for $7,850. It was cheap for that day and for it's condition. I never have considered abusing it because it was cheap. I change the engine oil on time, I change the transmission and hydraulic oils on time, I grease the axle and steering and 3 point every day I use it before I use it and I've fixed what ever has needed fixing and it has served me well and it still looks great and functions great.

I don't consider a 14,000+ hour machine that's been ran hard a low hour barely used unit. Confused

I don't know who owned it before we did but it's obvious far worse things were done to it than anything I could come up with justifications for. 

It appears that it was factory equipped with three point being some of the related controls and linkages are still there but i have no idea what justified taking it out but I have suspicions that it may be why the PTO controls would never lock in as they should. 

It looks like it originally had a two spool auxiliary hydraulics system but a third one was added and the original three point draft lever controls it now. I'm guessing that was done when the three point systems was taken out.  

It also had much of its original wiring and related components butchered well before we got it to add who knows what and to bypass a number to things  as well being when we got it had a push button hardwired  (14 ga house wire no less) directly from the main battery cable on the the starter solenoid and back to start it being  the wiring in the dash and around the engine for the stock key switch, start button and ether injection system and other things had been cut to bits. 

The alternator had a 8 ga wire running from it directly to the batteries in order to charge them since the factory line in the wiring harness was burned off where it ties into the two main automatic circuit breakers.    In the first good day of running it smoked and locked up so a new 140 amp unit and the proper size and routed cabling got put in. 

The air conditioning compressor and hoses were not hooked up and appeared to have been that way for a long time.  

The back window was plexiglass held in with a roll or more of very weathered duct tape and bungee straps. 

The heater blower was packed full of mice nest and wired to a single on/off toggle switch and not the factory multi speed one even though the factory three speed controls did work once the power was restored to it. 

Cab side and single rear lights were busted off.   

Since we got it I have replaced the alternator repaired or outrightly replaced all the damaged/non functional wiring and everything related to it so that it works as it should or has been updated to handle higher loads better.  From what I can tell the only working system left was the key switch feed to excite the alternator.   Everything else had been cut up and ultimately bypassed or just left for dead.

The heating and air conditioning systems have been cleaned out flushed repaired and are in correct and all around nice working order.

The back window is still plexiglass but it's properly mounted and things are cleaned up to where if I do get new glass for it it should be a drop in job. 

All the lighting has been updated to 55W halogen bulbs front and back plus two more added up front to cure the big front and center night time blind spot issue these tractors have and one more in the rear to improve night time work. 

All the shift linkage and hydraulic control cabling has been either repalced or adjusted to work as it is supposed to.

It's been converted from being a 1000 RPM only PTO to to dual speed.  

It's been power washed and cleaned inside and out in detail and gets the dust blown out of the cab whenever I am near an air hos.  

All filters fluids have been flushed and replaced with new and are now on a proper service schedule.  

And above all as new problems arise they are dealt with in as fair and rational way as can be justified as is this torque limiter issue was.  It now works as I understand it to work. My approach of cutting a hole may not be well taken or liked but it got it done without wasting more time and money.

Now as for other things that are still not right, it has a air leak in the fuel system that I have yet to track down so if it sits for a few days I have to pump the primer 5 - 6 times to get it to start. 

I don't care for the old either assist systems so as I have done with all our diesel equipment it will be getting a set of glow coil intake air pre heaters installed in the intake manifold just ahead of the head intake ports one of these days that will be activated off the original either button.  

All things considered given what had been done to it before we got it and what all I have repaired or updated  the hole in the bottom of the bell housing seems like a pretty minor abuse to keep it working as it should for some time longer. 

I'm not sure what the in shop equivilant repair bill for everything I have fixed and updated would have cost but I have now put the equivalent of several long days work into it plus close to $1000 in parts so far to get it back up to where it's now a fully functional and properly functioning tractor again.  

Maybe you and all the experts who know everything about everything can give me a fair and justified price quote on what that is all worth in your local service shops.  
To me I see no less than 30 hours shop time (remanufacturing wiring harnesses alone is a time consuming bitch) which would have a value way beyond what the machine is worth, given its age  running hours and overall as bought condition, before having had a single part added to the bill. Shocked

The way I see it, we bought a good running low hour AC diesel engine that included what was left of a tractor attached to it. Tongue  

Tcmtech View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by CrestonM CrestonM wrote:

Let me know where you trade and sell your equipment so I never buy a piece owned by you.  

Doesn't sound like he trades. Seems he uses it up and scraps it instead!

I thought I made that pretty obvious but then again I am pretty sure a number of people here have the reading skills and comprehension of a 2nd grader.Confused

We generally don't sell or trade.    It's end of life here and given the amount of farm machinery alone that goes to the scrap yards nationwide obviously we are not the only ones who see things that way too. 

If someone thinks this tractor is so valuable and special  given some of the prices they have posted feel free to to buy it off me.   It's a steal at $8000+ given some of  the numbers posted so far.  Hell, I'll even knock $2000 off that just for the hole in the bottom! WinkTongue 
Tcmtech View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Mrgoodwrench Mrgoodwrench wrote:

You're right creston...that's more of his arrogance and stupidity. Even after that 7050 falls in half from his hack job it will still be worth way more in parts than scrap.

He complains about the mindset of collectors and enthusiasts but would be too dumb to take advantage of their passion and make money selling them parts

Yea, but if it pisses of one of you semi literate A-holes off as much as everything else I say does it's worth it!  Big smile  
Mrgoodwrench View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Tcmtech Tcmtech wrote:

Originally posted by Mrgoodwrench Mrgoodwrench wrote:

Yea, but if it pisses of one of you semi literate A-holes off as much as everything else I say does it's worth it!  Big smile  

and there we have it gentlemen... I had to quote that so it would be saved for future reference
There are 3 ways to do job GOOD, FAST, CHEAP. YOU MAY CHOOSE 2. If its FAST & CHEAP it won't be GOOD, if it's GOOD & CHEAP it won't be FAST, and if its GOOD & FAST it won't be CHEAP!!!!
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:03pm
And to think we A Holes were also known as Trolls too! I really hate how this has to escalate into a pissing match. But, like I said on his oil level rant, he is definitely in the wrong with his arrogance. He's even over on IH forum slamming this forum and it's members. But, they are also knocking his hack job there too. I haven't seen him insult their members yet. I do hate it how these "old pieces of junk tractors are not worth much over scrap value" attitude comes across. Like said earlier, this is an enthusiast's site. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:08pm
I think its time for the moderator to shut this post down all that's going on is bashing now so please let this post die
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:14pm
Sounds like you got ripped off at $3000 but a picture would be worth a thousand words. I still wouldn't have did what you did. You only reassured it's next destination is the slow boat to China. Here's what a $3,200 tractor can look like. Bought in about 2000. OH'd last year finally. $3,200 plus $6,500 for OH. $9,700 spread out over about 17 years and it will still fetch nearly that amount with $3 corn so what will it bring when corn gets back to $4 or $5 or $6 again? 

Edited by Lonn - 01 Nov 2016 at 3:15pm
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:30pm
these pieces of junk are what we make them! Take care of them, and maintain them properly, they will run a long time. Abuse, and neglect, do hack job repairs, they become piles of crap because the careless owners make them that way. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by bradley6874 bradley6874 wrote:

I think its time for the moderator to shut this post down all that's going on is bashing now so please let this post die

x2
Tcmtech View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by injpumpEd injpumpEd wrote:

He's even over on IH forum slamming this forum and it's members. But, they are also knocking his hack job there too.

Odd. I was just over there to check you facts and once again I see nothing of what you report here to be true just as you and one or two others have done in other threads including the oil one. Confused

How does that work exactly?  You say something is true then it's shown to be largely inaccurate to out rightly wrong and then you boast about it here as if your right anyways assuming that no one , especially the questionably accused, will fact check you and report back with what they find? 

Wouldn't a person with at least half a brain just maybe figure out you do exactly what it is you claim to dislike while patting  yourself on the back for your superiority despite your being easily confirmed to be largely incorrect or worse  repeatedly?  Tongue  
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 9:36pm
I have an idea...how about after midnight tonight anyone with at least a half a brain stop posting on this thread.
 I think we can all agree keeping it going is just beating a dead horse. It's like a fire: cut off the fuel, and the fire goes out!
Tcmtech View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 9:44pm

Sounds like you got ripped off at $3000 but a picture would be worth a thousand words. I still wouldn't have did what you did. You only reassured it's next destination is the slow boat to China. 

cosmetically that tractor looks identical to ours.   Your rear tires are better though. ours are worn near bald.  

As  for the slow boat to china I am pretty sure the only other bidder was the local tractor salvage dealer that picks these machines up for as little as possible and given the good engine I suspect that's the only reason it got to $3000 to begin with.   

As for the repairs I have not found them to be all that unreasonable.  For me they are more time consumers and educational experiences  than anything which will all go towards knowing better what to look for when the next one crosses our path at an auction.   

I've got all the major bugs and past abuses fixed up to were it's a stable reliable tractor for what we need it for so unless it develops a major transmission problem or the engine goes to bits it will be here for a long time.   Wink
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 11:03pm
And now we have what I was waiting for. Goodnight.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic