This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

accused of cheating!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mufflerboltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: accused of cheating!
    Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 12:57pm
This weekend I took a 2nd in the 5500# class with the wd45 and a 4th in the 6000# class, then turned around in Sunday and took a 2nd in both classes on the same track! A gentleman was watching me both days and came up and told me my tractor was not stock, did not sound stock nor ran like a stock tractor should then accused me of cheating in the stock antique classes. I guess he never saw a good running wd45 be that competitive against Oliver 88s and farm all Ms. To be honest I never had the head off this tractor to find out what is ( if anything has been) done to it. As far as I know it was a barn find that my father came across. Do you guys think that is a to heavy of a class to be getting 2nd place in?
Sponsored Links

blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 2:35pm
nope, if people think you are cheating than they will tell the officals, who will say that they either have no way to tell , or will do tests, such as bore stroke and rpm tests to see how it checks out. also in 98 percent of all antique classes it will say in the rule book STOCK APPEARING, meaning you can have upgraded internals, this is due to safety reasons and the fact that after how many years of gettting worked, a common upgrade was to increase bore, and sometimes the stroke of the motor, i wouldn't be to worried about it, around here there is no such thing as a stock antique pulling tractor, if you could though please post a link or copy and paste a copy of your associations rules and rule book so that i may look over them
Fields View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 3:29pm
Just can't handle being beat by a allis.. I had a oliver guy from that way tell me I brought in a "Ringer"  . It way a old d17 that we took the loader off. My son pulled it in 4500,5000,5500. got a 1st. 2nd,3rd.  It has the 4" pistons in it yet. Only way I know is because I had to replace the head several years ago.
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 4:23pm
 Good for you !
cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 5:54pm

6000 lbs. is pretty heavy  for a 45.  We've done it a few times and it was a LOAD. Guess you could put it on a dyno and see how stock your tractor is.  Nice job !!

mufflerboltz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mufflerboltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 6:30pm
Thanks guys, problem is that it hardly works the tractor at 6000# running 14.9x28.
Brian S(NY) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian S(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 6:39pm
God made man.Sam colt made man equal.
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 6:40pm
 Nebraska tests weighted a WD45 to a little  over 7500#, and pulled almost 5500#.  and that was with smaller rubber  too.....

Edited by Gary in da UP - 09 Sep 2013 at 6:41pm
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 7:13pm
It's always a couple of other A-C guys that make those kinds of accusations about our WC. They know their's are not stock so how can I beat them with a legal tractor?!!Cry
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
Mrgoodwrench View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrgoodwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 8:02pm
the rule books around here have a nice rule to stop accusations, if someone wants your engine torn down to check then their tractor gets torn down too!
There are 3 ways to do job GOOD, FAST, CHEAP. YOU MAY CHOOSE 2. If its FAST & CHEAP it won't be GOOD, if it's GOOD & CHEAP it won't be FAST, and if its GOOD & FAST it won't be CHEAP!!!!
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 9:15pm
  Bring it down here on some of this red clay and see what it does. I have saw 100+ hp wd45's choke out in the 4000 class running 15.5x38 uncut tires. I have saw dad win a 6500# class with his STOCK 45 too. It wasn't a real tight track, it allowed it to breathe. That stirred the Censoredthat night too. Sounds as if you got a strong one. I pulled this past weekend with some guys from northern Kentucky, watched them weight up, offered some friendly advice..... Beat them....Thumbs Up  They couldnt believe the "bite" the track had.
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
BennyLumpkin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 9:32pm
Track and knowledge mean alot. Last pull I was at I lost to another wc that had 45 internals/head and he beat me by less than a foot....I'm bone stock with a 45 carb and D17 spring. Last weekend at the antique show we run unweighted and in 3500 I only lost to a very unstock Super C Farmall. That was beating another WC, I think there was a Massey Harris and some other red and green.
Central PA Allis Express
1934 WC254
1945 WF
1945 WC135755
1951 WD68085
1953 WD45-150217
1957 WD45D-230744D
B110
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 9:40pm
Is there anything stated in the rules regarding disassembling and assembling an engine and other components to settle complaints-like paying the bill?

-NSA, please disregard this, consider it a N/A

Edited by JoeO(CMO) - 09 Sep 2013 at 9:43pm

jpankey View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 10:21am
Originally posted by cotncrzy cotncrzy wrote:

Bring it down here on some of this red clay and see what it does. I have saw 100+ hp wd45's choke out in the 4000 class running 15.5x38 uncut tires. I have saw dad win a 6500# class with his STOCK 45 too. It wasn't a real tight track, it allowed it to breathe. That stirred the Censoredthat night too. Sounds as if you got a strong one. I pulled this past weekend with some guys from northern Kentucky, watched them weight up, offered some friendly advice..... Beat them....Thumbs Up  They couldnt believe the "bite" the track had.
Most of these over achieving stock pullers have never seen red clay
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 10:26am
i dont see red clay, but i see plenty of brown clay and plush iowa black dirt
Fields View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 10:34am
WAs His name Chuck H.  oliver 70 standard
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mufflerboltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 12:58pm
Cotncrzy, someday I'll make it down that way to test it out. Fields, no bit wasn't Chuck, chuck and I actually get along pretty good. It was not any of the Community boys was some guy that runs along with the iron anchor association I think but not 100% sure.
Fields View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 3:21pm
Chucks preety cool he was the one told me I brought in a ringer.
I laffed and told him it had the original 4" bore

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mufflerboltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 7:12pm
Fields, you should still try and make the New Glarus pull. I'd like to see more orange there!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic