This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plumbing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plumbing
    Posted: 11 Jun 2024 at 12:45pm
Rarely use our newish Delta shower, prefer the 30 year old one upstairs. Used the newer one today and it's very low flow. Pulled the shower wand head off, but didn't see a flow restriction job. Maybe it's on the main head? Anyone know? Already had to turn up the temperature on this faucet. Thanks
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2024 at 1:13pm
Normally it is the BLUE or BLACK plastic ring in the shower head...

-------------

This post is just for Delta showers.... GOOGLE........

Why would you want to remove a flow restrictor? New Delta shower heads come with a flow restrictor in the head. Flow restrictors restrict the water flow to conserve water. But, of course, it seems like most people prefer a powerful, aggressive, scouring, high-pressure spray in their shower. I do too.

So that’s a Delta shower head right there. That blue piece is the “flow restrictor.” What you don’t see is the black rubber gasket that helps seal the shower head as it connects to the shower arm (I’d already removed that when I took this picture).

To get more water pressure, all you need to do is remove the black o-ring with a needle nose pliers. Don’t bother messing with the blue plastic piece (this piece can sometimes be orange or green — I think?). I never have success yanking the plastic out. But anyway, if you remove the o-ring, you’ll get noticeably more pressure.

Edited by steve(ill) - 11 Jun 2024 at 1:14pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2024 at 2:41pm
Thanks Steve, now I know what to look for!
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2024 at 4:15pm
Got it! Thanks again Steve.
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2024 at 5:26am
Had a similar situation with our shower wand. No restrictions at the wand end at that connection/screen, even soaking the head in CLR.

Found the problem was another screen at the faucet end connection and was plugged. Ultimately the problem was due to the water heater and anode rod(?) failing and clogging the screen.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2024 at 6:16am
Thanks Jim, my screen was also a little dirty. Cleaning it out and removing the o ring made a big difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic