This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is with this forum?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is with this forum?
    Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 7:01pm
   Is anyone going to fix it ?
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Sponsored Links

Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 7:02pm
Got on long enough to write this message and it has locked up again.
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 7:03pm
It does seem like it's getting harder to operate or post on lately.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
Al in WMA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al in WMA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 7:13pm
I've only been able to get on by clicking on the most recent message where it shows up in the Farm Equipment home page
Education is what you get when you don't get what you wanted.
Jeff Z. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff  Z.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 7:18pm
I have been having trouble also.
Farm Equipment sometimes won't open.
Can't log in sometimes. Goes to a window's error page.
Sometimes after I close the error page I am logged on. ??????
Sometimes when I go to post a reply it goes to a window's error page.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 7:21pm
its like  a farmall you just got to live with poor performance.
roosky01 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roosky01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

its like  a farmall you just got to live with poor performance.

Thanks to you Mitch I just had milk exit my nose....
Government always finds a need for whatever money it gets.
Ronald Reagan
wheatbreeder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheatbreeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 7:45pm
I think we should be thankful for the free site that Darrin provides for us!!!!
Morley 
Farm stuff 8050,6690,175,F2,5050,WD
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 11:36pm
Thankful to Darin but still frustrated with the problems.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
kriscrash4x4 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kriscrash4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 6:52am
yes and the pictures area is still not working
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 7:23am
   I have invited several new people to visit the forum and they tell me there is nothing here to interest them because they aren't into heavy equipment, misc shop talk and political bickering. Drop the politics and fix the AC farm tractor forum.
    I wanted to show off some of a friends and my restoration skills while visiting with family on Sunday and got that all to familiar error page. On their computer. Bummer.
    If storage is a problem delete all stuff that is not current and being replied to.
    I can't recall ever not being able to access, read, post and reply on the old forum.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 7:38am
As one who 'cuts code' I can appreciate that the more features a program has the greater the rick of 'glitches', which can be a devil to track down. These 'new fangled' machines are NOT like the good ol' ones! If you saw the 10s of thousands of lines of code that makeup this 'forum', you'ld be impressed that it actually works.How it does, is another story as bits and pieces, kinda talk to each other,most of the time.I just spent 3 dayze on one little program and  tracked down a syntax error(a ; instead of a ,).NO error message from anywhere but it eventually crashed.kinda randomly.Some days I think the world would be better off without them !
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 10:09am
My theory is that "if computers were humans, they would be serial killers...."
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 11:07am
I just figured there was a Ford involved in it somewhere....
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 11:13am
It's all a evil plot by AGCO to keep us from communicating!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Ron(WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 11:23am
I have had no problems accessing this forum until yesterday, and that was the first time since this new format was started way beck in September '09. One little glitch and some of us go ballistic. Give it a rest, it'll come back just like an old hound dog! LOL. Maybe some of us have become to dependant on it's dependability, and we actually need some glitches to remind us of it's value! This is a super forum, don't bellyache too much.
Moderator View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moderator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 12:01pm
The problem is with the SQL server.  Darin plans to upgrade the SQL engine soon. When the new forum went live, the traffic increased tremendously.  Additionally, the server has been subjected to some DOS (Denial of Service) attacks.  He's working on that too.  Please be patient.
============================================================

The moderator at any given time may be the forum owner, or a trusted assistant. Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank You
Burgie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 12:06pm
It is still the best place on the internet!! Thanks Darin. I can live with a little inconvence to get the BEST WEBSITE. Thanks
"Burgie"
CDR,Ky. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDR,Ky. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 12:11pm
Thank you Moderator,I really appreciate this web site and understand that most machinery may It be computers or Tractors needs maintenance now and then.
If you first don't succeed then you'se brute force!
Gary IN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary IN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 4:42pm
Thanks
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 4:48pm
Thanks for the heads up.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Rogers View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 4:56pm
I am appreciative of the work involved to keep this site up and running. Maintaining server software and hardware can be a full time job. Patches, hot fixes, upgrades etc... with their unexpected bugs! Then there is the expense of software and hardware to boot. About the time you get everything nearly 100% up to speed it's time for an upgrade.
Think for yourself and be your own expert. Be willing to change your mind; however, willingness to change your mind doesn’t mean that you will. Blindly following any path is the pinnacle of insanity.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 6:54pm
Thankyou moderator for update Mark L
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 7:00pm
Thanks to Moderater for the update.  I was beginning to think it was me or my 'puter! 
Doug northern IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug northern IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 7:08pm
I will be here no matter what i like this fourm  if it has bugs  darin has a big can of raid  thanks to the moderator for the heads up a to dairn for a great site
Matt (NEIA) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (NEIA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 12:18am
it's more like a Toyota. 
1955 WD-45 with factory PS
Bruce Mn. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Mn. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 11:13am
we all complain but it's on our favorite's list . It's like a good wife ,we complain about her but love her anyway. It's still a great site. bruce
EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 10:19pm
Definitely an AGCO conspiracy at work.
kev/ont View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev/ont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 11:44am
maybee if we kept the talk in the farm equipment forum to relevent allis chalmers equipment talk, then we wouldn't fill up the capacity of the sight so fast and it would run smoother. My two cents. I think it's a great site but it's supposed to be AC not chevy trucks or other equipment makes, there is room for that in the other parts of this very site.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic