This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Land rent prices

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Land rent prices
    Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 7:26pm
Curious what prices per acre some of the farming members of this forum are paying? Seems like with the cost of inputs one couldn't afford to pay much
Sponsored Links

SCPAAndy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCPAAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:07am
There are alot of variables but rite now in Adams county for hay ground I'm paying $80 and up
tominpa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tominpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:15am
Western PA. Eastern Ohio  Mahoning co Columbiana county  Beaver county 100.00 will kill most rents. I think thats mainly because the main players have stuck together for a hundred years and sort of conspired together to keep the rents low. We got a lot of 50 dollar rent around here.
TedBuiskerN.IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedBuiskerN.IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:54am
I'm getting 150 for corn and bean ground, and I've heard of numbers as high as 300 in this area.
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 10:19am

I give 1/3 of the crop. Which is getting to be to much with good corn years .

IG

Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 10:45am

Wildly varied market around here that depends a lot on the size of the field. Larger fields or acreage tied together is the highest. I have heard of rents as high as $150. Smaller fields that arent a good fit for 24 row planters and 12 row combines are about half that. Even smaller and cheaper than that are the many 5-10 acre patches that have been split off. When the owners discover they can save 80% or more on the taxes by claiming some kind of agricultural useage (CAU here) they go looking for a farmer and the rent is REAL cheap, as it has to be when you unfold equipment to till, plant or harvest a patch that size.

Matt MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 11:48am
here in central Minnesota it is ranging from $200-$250 an acre, With the markets the way they are and the input costs I don't see how they can pull it off.
Unless your are the lead horse the scenery never changes!!
John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 12:20pm
Here in east central IL the rents range from $125 to $300. The farm just south of me rented this year for $175 after being farmed by the same family for 30 years. If I could get that for mine I would have to give serious consideration to not farming myself. Some nice flat black productive ground close to the elevator was rumored to have been rented for $325 but I have doubts about that.

If you had $200 in your pocket and could give it for rent you could probably rent all you wanted to farm. Let's see, 150 bu corn @ $3.80/ bu gives you $570 gross. It will cost you a minimum of $450 to put out a crop. So...if everything goes good you will have $130 to pay rent and any surprises. To make money you would need another 20 bushels per acre or $4.35 corn.
ToddSin NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 2:01pm
I get $45/acre here for my 50 acres. Dad gets $50 for his 285.
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 2:26pm
In central Iowa rents used to be right at $135 an acre. I met a lady a couple years ago with land near Duncomb that was asking $275 and getting $249. With $4 cash corn possible now and with $6 or 7 sold one day a couple years ago land prices are running $5k to $7k an acre for farm land and traditionally rents had been 5% of the land value. I don't think they are that quite that high around here, though I've heard of $450 in central Illinois. One wonders if that renter was solvent a year later and if he actually paid the rent.

My land is in a 50/50 crop share, I pay half the seed, fertilizer and chemicals too. That way it works more equitably than demanding a cash rent that breaks the renter and its a whole lot easier to negotiate than to negotiate a fixed rent with these volatile markets for inputs and grain sales. I have 2/3 my anticipated (based on 2009 yield) corn sold for an average of $4.01 a bushel. I'll do OK. I'll do better if the tenant improves on his 2009 yield the way he thinks he will.

Gerald J.
Andrew(southernIL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:48pm

Edited by Andrew(southernIL) - 02 Mar 2010 at 7:49am
If fishing is a sport your looking at an athlete
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:49pm
Some getting as high as 150 here and some for this year at 180. Hard to make much money with our dirt. We have had 3 or 4 good years in a row and the rent has increased every year cause of it.
Dale H. ECIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale H. ECIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 10:12pm
 I am getting $160.00 an acre here, could get more but renting to a good neighbor.
Allis Chalmers Museum, Paris, Il.http:// www.allischalmersmuseum.com 217-275-3428
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 12:48am
5% of the land value??? whew...that would put my land at $500.00
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 12:48am
per acre
SCPAAndy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCPAAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 3:42am
Those numbers mentioned for the "I" states don't really seem out of line given the soils and somewhat cheaper inputs than here in scpa. It's all about roi
michaelwis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 5:12am
170 PER ACRE ... 3 YEAR CONTRACT
WD WD45 DIESEL D 14 D-15 SERIES 2 190XT TERRA TIGER ac allcrop 60   GLEANER F 6060 7040.and attachments for all Proud to be an active farmer
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 7:59am
Andy I understand what your saying but extreme Southern IL is different than the rest of IL we have this thing called a hard pan and it seems like its located about 6 inches below the surface. I live on the Southern tip and basically have the same dirt as Kentucky. In fact where we live use to be south of the Ohio but way way back in the day there was a great earthquake that changed the coarse of the Ohio (must have been the start of global warming) and moved it further south. Thank goodness though otherwise I'd be living in KY......lol.
Jon NW Iowa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon NW Iowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 8:32am
$225.00 per acre --people are standing in line to rent land
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 10:54am
you'd all laugh at what we pay here in western ND
Matt (NEIA) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (NEIA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 12:31am
200 dollars per acre is cheap here, everything is getting to that 250-300 dollar per acre range, of course that's all thanks to the big farmer, sure wish i could have been born 60 years ago
1955 WD-45 with factory PS
bryani289swmi View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryani289swmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 6:37pm
     I get $60/ per acre for mine, corn went 180+ bushels this year.

Bryan

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollowpoints explode on impact.
NickT(Ky) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickT(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 6:42pm
A friend of mine just leased his for $150 acre. His farm is just a few miles from Abraham Lincoln's birth place.
SCPAAndy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCPAAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 8:27pm

if there is any forum members here in south central PA or northern MD i'd be glad to give some very competitive rent offers  Andy- 717-465-4976

DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 8:38pm
Where would these prices be if we didn't have ethanol plants and people speculating in the grain markets, those speculating on land, and those playing the insurance game? Could this all be a house of cards? Most things run in cycles. What is going to turn this one down?
Spud View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 8:44pm
What are you paying in Western ND?  Is that around Williston?
JeremyHarmon(VA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeremyHarmon(VA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 9:32pm
18-30 per acre for pasture and hay ground in SWVA.
6080-3500hrs   CA NF 618GT
5050-2300hrs   78 Hay Rake
5050-1100hrs   Snap Coupler Equip
5040/loader-2800hrs   CA WF
D12III   D10II   B112
7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 11:15pm
For hill ground around here we give from around 75 to 100, and for bottom ground 150 to 175. A neighbor of ours is trying to rent hill ground out for $270 and its only capable of 35 bushel beans or 130 bushel corn, needless to say he hasnt got it rented yet. This makes year 3.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic