This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roto-baler/Old Style Equipment PTO Shield

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roto-baler/Old Style Equipment PTO Shield
    Posted: 12 May 2011 at 7:12am
Just posted a want ad on Classified for the front pto shaft shield for my roto-baler. I suspect that mine and a far number of them were mangled and lost years ago. Are there any decent used or even (hope!) NOS parts out there? Are there new parts still available? I know, I know - oughta start with something easy to find. :) But any hints would be most welcome. Thanks!

Edited by Dave(inMA) - 13 May 2011 at 9:30pm
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Sponsored Links

John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 7:22am
I have a baler that I will be parting out. It has the shield but I will have to confirm the condition for you.
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 5:28pm
John, that would be much appreciated.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 8:07pm
Did the roto baler used the same shield as the PTO rake and the 35 picker? A one piece folding in the middle.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 8:34pm
Now that I do not know! But the shield I need is the front section that is hinged - covers the shaft between the tractor and the first u-joint. I'm also looking for the "funnel" shaped shield at the front of the long collapsible shield that runs from the u-joint to the right-angle gear box at the rear.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Leonard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 9:52pm
Dave if you don't find one I will look a the the disassembled item that I have at my dad's next week when I get there.  If I have one I'll let you know.

Leonard
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 6:32am
Leonard, I'm still looking! Thanks for that offer.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
orangereborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangereborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:00pm

Don....This should be the style.  Used on most all older AC Pto equipment. 

Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

Did the roto baler used the same shield as the PTO rake and the 35 picker? A one piece folding in the middle.

Yup, it did. I have a 35 picker, and the pto rake. They all used the same guard.

Edited by Don(MI) - 13 May 2011 at 9:09pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:27pm
orangereborn, that is one of the two parts I'm looking for! Picture's worth a thousand words - now that we have a picture, does anyone have one that they'd like to sell?

I am also looking for the small section that mounts between the front and middle shields. It's sort of a squared-off bell shape that joins the front shield to the long middle shield.

Thanks, guys!
WC, CA, D14, WD45
orangereborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangereborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 11:38pm
Don...I think that may be a 2000 word pic.  Is the other part in the top right corner of the pic on the end of the long shield?   Dale
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 5:54am
Dale, it MIGHT be. The long shield I have is the one that the right end of the front shield is resting on. The long shield you mention looks different to me - rectangular in cross section rather than rounded. But the part you mention looks as though it performs the same function as the second part I'm looking for. I'd be interested in a better picture...  Dave
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Ray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:13am
$50.00 Nice original front shield that bends in middle. 785-353-2392
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:15am
Hope this helps guys.....

The spring loaded clip end, mounts to the PTO/step shield on a WD/styled WC. The other end has a spring loaded bolt, that bolts that to either your hay rake/corn picker/ or roto baler.

RichinWis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichinWis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:21am
Dave, the shield you are looking for is the piece that is all mangeled up in the rake photo
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:35am
Originally posted by orangereborn orangereborn wrote:

Don...I think that may be a 2000 word pic.  Is the other part in the top right corner of the pic on the end of the long shield?   Dale

That other part, is riveted right to the implement. It should not come off.

Unfortunetly, someone smashed it pretty good on my rake. It did bend back out half way normal.
John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 3:59pm
Dave, I got a chance to go look at the baler this afternoon. Unfortunately the shield you are needing is MIA. Sorry
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 6:08pm
John, thanks a lot for looking! I suspect that many of those shields were mangled by overly enthusiastic (and perhaps not too skillful) backing up. :)
Ray - could you send a picture or two to me? I'll drop you a PM.
Leonard - I'm still looking!
orangereborn and Don(MI) - thanks for posting those pictures - they surely helped me figure out what I need.

Edited by Dave(inMA) - 14 May 2011 at 10:50pm
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Leonard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 3:28pm
Dave, just got back from dad's place.  I was able to find the part.  I don't have a digital camera but can take a photo with my phone and send it to your phone if you like.  If you want pm me your cell number and I will get right on it.

Thanks Leonard.
AC220fan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC220fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 9:28pm
Greetings,
Does anyone know where I can buy a Gear box or gears for the gearbox for a AC PTO driven hay rake like this.

Thanks very much.

Image result

Edited by AC220fan - 06 Sep 2016 at 9:30pm
JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 9:41pm
I have a gear box.  Where in Iowa are you located?

Im in the NE corner near Decorah.

Jim
An open eye is much more observant than an open mouth
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 10:11pm
I may have the bell shaped part. Will look tomorrow.
 I do have the piece that folds up.     MACK
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 10:13am
Originally posted by MACK MACK wrote:

I may have the bell shaped part. Will look tomorrow.
 I do have the piece that folds up.     MACK

Mack, this original post was from 2011. It got bumped when AC220 was asking about a gearbox for his rake. 
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 8:48pm
And I have that shield I was looking for back then!! Thanks again to the guys on here who helped me with that.

Dave
WC, CA, D14, WD45
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 9:50pm
Guess I didn't notice 2011, but I do have one if any one needs one.     MACK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic