This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi and just got a WC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BairleaFarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi and just got a WC
    Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 11:56pm
Hello all.  New tractor so of course I need a new forum.  Google lead me here.  Ive been looking for a tricycle and came across this WC.  I guess its in good shape for the age.  Ill have to get serial numbers and better pics tomorrow to find the year.  Whole lot of hand work and not really any foot work.  it seems weird.  Im sure ill have a ton of questions as i get into it.

Sponsored Links

scott View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 5:54am
Look at all the orange paint! Sharp!!
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 7:16am
Welcome - Lots of help can be found here. Good looking tractor ya got there.
Orange Blood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Blood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 7:20am
Welcome!!!

Nice find there, she looks real good.
Still in use:
HD7 WC C CA WD 2-WD45 WD45LP WD45D D14 3-D17 D17LP 2-D19D D19LP 190XTD 190XTLP 720 D21 220 7020 7030 7040 7045 3-7060
Projects: 3-U UC 2-G 2-B 2-C CA 7-WC RC WDLP WF D14 D21 210 7045 N7
MilesGray (CO/KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilesGray (CO/KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 7:25am
Welcome to the site, lots of good information can be found here! 
Miles Gray (CO/KS)

5 1938 B's, 1940 B, 1944 WF C, 1948 NF C, Gleaner A, White Top Rotobaler, 1957 IH Golden Jubilee... I'm either a collector, or crazy!
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 7:32am
Paint looks good and you have a mechanical lift on it.Good find.WC was a good workhorse back in the day.A little limited on what she will do.No hydraulics or hand clutch but love to hear those engines bark.Welcome to the site and keep us updated.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
BairleaFarm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BairleaFarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 7:59am
Its a 1942 model.  and what is this? is it the lift you speak of?

Thanks for the welcomes guys.  Tractor has its share of issues but they are all minor.  The rear rims have a couple holes.  The left brake doesnt work. Some person with little experience restored it so its not show quality.  Fine with me seeing how it will be used to farm.  I need to put some sort of lift on it and i needs to get implements.  Here are a few more pictures. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

KY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 10:22am
 The only lift you will get is with its own designed implements using the mechanical power lift system or rope trip implements. Ive never seen a 3 pt on a wc but they have probably been fabricated by somebody on here. Did see hydraulic remotes on one with a pump that ran off the belt pulley.
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 10:29am
Neat tractor for your FIRST A-C! I love WCs!! Also welcome to my favorite forum. Kip
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
KY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 10:31am
It is a very sharp tractor. Good find. I finally got the pics to come up.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 10:31am
simply +1 on the welcome ...and keep the questions coming, I do not have many answers abut there are a lot of guys and gals here.
R.W View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 10:40am
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BairleaFarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 4:03pm
Changed to fluids and investigated some of the leaks.  The seal for the PTO is no good.  I dont for see needing the PTO so im going to look for a blocker plate and just remove the whole thing.

The fenders are horrible with cracks crappy bondo etc so I removed them.  Flipped the tires to get a little more width while i was at it.

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 4:29pm
Hang on to the PTO if you remove it. Someday you might want to pull a trailer type bush hog with it. I used a square packing material to replace my PTO output packing cause I was told nobody makes a replacement. If the packing isn't too far gone, you can snug the nut up and tighten the old packing. You don't want it too tight, just snug enough to let it weep a very little. If you remove it, just cut a piece of like 3/8 flat stock to size and make a gasket for it and bolt it on. You will have to drain it first.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 5:54pm
Yes, that mechanical gadget with footpedal is the mechanical lift feature.

With engine-clutch disengaged, the horizontal shaft in that housing will turn.  When you step on the footpedal, the outside assembly will rotate 180 degrees and stop.  Implements had linkages that connect to the big pin.

The axle disconnect lever (on the right side of the center footrest plate) will disengage the drive axle.  Typically, this was used to operate either the belt-pulley or PTO in stationary position, or to allow the lift to be operated WITHOUT the tractor moving.  Let's say you plow right up to the end of a row, and need to stop in order to maneuver....  you kick the disconnect out (disengage drive) then stomp on the lift pedal, and the implement comes up.  Step on the engine clutch, re-engage the disconnect, and drive to your new start position, and as you're approaching the start position, you can stomp on the lift, and the implement will drop.

If you need to say... back up to a fence before lowering, you back up, kick the disconnect out, then stomp on the lift (lowering the implement) step on the engine clutch, re-engage the disconnect, and pull your implement in the new row.

It's kinda clunky by today's standards, but if you were my mom (all 5'3" and 125lbs), operating my grandpa's WC, having that mechanical lift on the mounted cultivator was a wonderful thing.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 5:56pm
Wheels are post '38, along with the styled sheetmetal, and electric starter.  Distributor and magneto were both available for a parallel timespan... if you post the tractor number stamped into the differential housing, we'll look it up and tell you what year it is!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BairleaFarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 7:05pm
I dont have the serial handy but its a 1942 tractor.  Thanks for the info for the lift.  The output shaft is whats leaking on mine.  So its not a seal but packing instead?  That could be an easy fix. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic