This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pulling With A C?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pulling With A C?
    Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 4:14pm
So...my boy has one C and is bound and determined to have a pulling tractor.  I'm thinking (very long term) about finding another C and making it a puller.  Aside from the turbo'd CA here, does anyone pull a C?  What does it take to make it competitive, engine work, tires, weight classes, etc?  He'd love to turbo one for the fun of it.  I've thought about a WD with the Keystone kit.  Maybe an unstyled WC with a Keystone.  For now...whats required to get a C down the track and be in the running.
AaronSEIA
Sponsored Links

Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 6:08am
I have a Single Front Wheel CA I built for Pulling for sale if your interested. I believe a stock engine CA is hands down more of a pulling tractor than a stock C. Longer wheelbase and a 4 speed tranny has its advantages.
   I have weighted up this CA to #4500 and won this class against some serious competition of all colors with a well tuned stock engine in first gear . Plenty power enough to spin out way before powering out.
   If you have completion in #2500 class you can lighten up a CA to be very competitive in this light weight class.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 6:13am

MY Bare Back CA with C drawbar is for sale
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 8:04am
I'd second shopping for a CA (or buy Ken's ready to go) to pull with for all the reasons mentioned above. Although if you must pull the C that you have, what is the lightest weight class in you area? You can get a C to 2000 pounds and be a winner without doing any engine upgrades. In lighter classes, balance will be more important than power. once you get to the 3000 pound class a WC will be more competitive without spending money. The heavier the weight the more you need to spend, unless you want to be a big fish in a very small pond.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 2:20pm
You got to look at what the color of the competition is in your area. You are not going to be pulling against just orange tractors.

Don't think for a minute that a Red Super C won't pull. 24" rims are not as good as 36" rims under average track conditions.

Edited by Ken in Texas - 21 Jul 2016 at 2:29pm
dgerth View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 4:39am
We ran our stock CA against a modded C for a season. They could'nt keep the front end on the ground even with weight on the front at 11ft. It ran well but did'nt handle well at all !
As was said, shop for a CA, like Ken's, less headaches and more funnerest!!!
Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic