This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sure do need advice!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sure do need advice!
    Posted: 17 May 2020 at 2:58pm
I am looking to pull the plug, and buy a new tractor/mower soon.  Looking for a 24/25 H.P. unit.  Here is the details.  Looking for, but color, is not a factor. 

I have 2 different properties, about 1 1/2 acres each,  a mile apart.  It needs to be easy to move. ( will be trailered )

So here it is, I want a mower, mid or rear, front end loader, snow bade able a must, possible back-hoe, possible roto-tiller, rear blade.

Looked into the specs. for RK, Kiota, Massey, JD, Kubota, and some of the blue ones, not sure, JSC?????  My bad!!! Whoever makes them???

Anyone have any, thoughts, ideas, please give me input, and as always, THANKS up front!

Opps forgot to say, the main use will be mowing, needs to be good job, not a field.  Then to remove the "pretty crap" from "someone" ! lol  The other toys will be for fun!

Dave

Edited by Dave in PA - 17 May 2020 at 3:01pm
Sponsored Links

Reed(UT) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Reed(UT) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 3:16pm
I am in the process of buying a Branson in that size. They have a new model 2515H, with an introductory price that can't be beat. under 25 horsepower, you don't have emissions controls, like DPF, in any of the brands.

They also have the best loader capacity in that size class, and the engines are not electronically controlled, which I really like.

in the bigger sizes in Branson, you can delete the DPF, and not have problems with the engine computer.

Edited by Reed(UT) - 17 May 2020 at 3:18pm
2 WD45s, 190XT III, 72 AllCrop, Bunch of snap-coupler stuff. Looking for a B and CA
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 4:01pm
I went with Simplicity. Two reasons.
1 Allis Chalmers and Simplicity worked together.
2 I have a very good local dealer that was once an A.C. dealer, and now handles Simplicity.
I now have a 61" Z-turn I bought from them 7 years ago. We moved and have 3 to 4 acres to mow.

Dusty

917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 4:18pm
Branson 2515H  $17,000  or  $24,000 CA
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 4:23pm
Me and my dad just split the cost of an LS M125 with a mid Mont mower, 48" spike aerator, and a loader and I'm tickled pink with it. Total was $15,700. This is the third LS I've been around and I'm pretty impressed with them. We used a G3038 on my in-laws farm a good bit and the neighbor had an earlier version of the M125. I'll say this for them, if the neighbor can use that tractor for 5 or 6 years without destroying it they must be pretty damn tough. They also have backhoes available. Don't know about snow blades. We don't have that issue here very often
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 4:30pm
I bought my Kubota BX23S 2 years ago ( time flies faster , the older I get...)..
did NOT get a mower deck. That would have been 2K++ 'option' and I already have 2 riders here.... also to properly mow you NEED to remove loader and BH. If the primary purpose is to mow, buy a gas riding mower, probably less than the cost of a deck 'option'. Buying a diesel riding mower is a LOT of wasted cash..gas ones are cheaper up front and maintenance  is lower. The other issue is removing/installing the mower deck. NONE of them are easy,though 'easier' ones WILL cost you an arm and a leg.... 'As seen on TV'... don't believe it, have the salesman SHOW you how 'easy' it is....

Now if, IF, the 3 acres of grass is wide open, maybe you can swing a TLB to cut the grass, just be sure there's no trees BEHIND you  when you turn to get around the one in front....TLBs tend to be 2 or 3X LONGER than a rider !!

My BX23S was less than $23K CDN out the door, 2 years ago. Almost 300 hrs on it.

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
lockheedt33 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lockheedt33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 4:49pm
I just went through a similar buying dilema. Needed a loader tractor and wasn’t able to find an Allis that wasn’t completely beat for way too much money with a loader. I finally ended up with a Kioti CK3510H. I only have 6.5 hours on it so far but love it. Wish I had bought it years ago. About the same size as my CA but with 4-wheel drive, live PTO and hydraulics, and easy to get on and off. I looked at their CK2610H, the same frame size with lower horsepower at a lower price but the loader capacity is not as high and I wanted to be able to move round bales for my draft horses. The Kioti loaders have standard QC plates on them so you can use most any accessory that will fit on a skid steer. I know they have a mid mount PTO option just wasn’t something I was looking for. If you have a dealer close test drive one and see what you think. The only thing that frustrated me in the purchase was pricing because Kioti doesn’t let the dealers advertise prices. I ended up buying a tractor about 350 miles from home near my in-laws in Iowa and hauling it home because their price was the best around, he gave me a 2019 jhustst that he had on the lot for the same price as ordering a 2020 gear tractor and he was able to field install whatever options I wanted for a reasonable price. I thought I wanted the gear tractor with shuttle shift but now that I’ve had the hydro I’m glad it worked out that way. Good luck in your search.
Mike
1941 AC B
1948 AC C
1951 AC CA
1954 AC WD45
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 4:49pm
Dealer/ parts would be first concern of mine. Around here there are a lot of Kubota and Mahindra and John Deere.
If I was looking I’d go Kubota strictly on dealer network in my area.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 5:34pm
I'd be lookin at an older Kubota compact, with the loader already on it.  If you are looking, because you can finance it, I wouldn't do it that away, first hour you use it, you lose about 2 grand, in value...  JMHO...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 8:18pm
Buy a loader tractor and then buy a 3 point finish mower for it.  I liked my woods.  Make sure the mower is rear discharge.  A belly mower is a pain to mount and dismount.  If it uses an electric clutch, they can be pricey to fix.  Most tractors today have quick tach loaders which go on and off quick,  The same with the 3 point mower, on and off easy.  Most hoes are probably 3 point on the utility tractors today.  No comment on company, just do your research, cheapest is never best!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 12:37pm
Just as Thad said - check out the dealers and parts availability in your area, talks with people who have owned one for a few years. If I were buying it would be Kubota because of dealer service in my area. I have heard good things about the LS tractors that Tyler mentioned. Find out where the engine and major parts are manufactured for whatever you decide to buy. I have heard horror stories from people buying a name brand tractor and then finding out the engine or other parts were made by some off the wall company and parts are no longer available. I bought a Hindu Ford (Farmtrac) to help out bil's widow and getting parts is a nightmare. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 1:46pm
How much of those areas are you going to mow? is it wide open area or lots of obstacles? Nice thing with the little tractors is you can get cabs on them for winter.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 2:31pm
If you can get a gas engine I would because they start easier in the winter and gas is cheaper than diesel in engine cost a fuel prices.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic