This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rat kill'in...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rat kill'in...
    Posted: 01 May 2020 at 10:00pm
has begun again! so far have smoked alot of them, the old lady...oooops....i mean the loving wife has gotten 11 with her bucket of water, i just put out a bucket with sum peanut butter ona beer can over a bucket of water, sat outside last night and shot 6 more with the .22 cal. after that it'll be fox hunting time.
Sponsored Links

chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 7:01am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 11:20am
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 6:37pm
So........what does smoked rat taste like???
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 8:20pm
Shameless. come on up a 'practice' getting a fox for me, PLEASE  .The city and MNR (wildlife dept) won't do a dang thing. It will saunter by you within 6-8 feet...has killed dozens of hens , 3-4 cats, cornered Cloudy on both back and front decks. Ditzy neighbour feeds it...sigh... can't use guns, no cc permit( handguns aren't allowed up here), 12ga too dang awkward to carry around....
would love to get a flare pistol....buy CV19 has sports stores shutdown... coon rtap is too small...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 9:29pm
well...the water bucket with peanut butter on the spinning can didn't work last night...not a one caught! PfffffT! i'll try it again tonight...added a little oats to float on top of the water. that danged fox was here again at 0500, you'd think it would leave as many times our big dogs have chased it! it's pretty cool outside tonight, i may hafta sit out there and wait for it one morning?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 9:32pm
Jay...if you put a baby bottle nipple over the end of a .22 cal. rifle, it'll muffle the crack, only good for one shot per nipple. i've done it, it works pretty good. i can't put poison out, afraid our pets will get into it. the wild cats ain't doing their jobs since the old lady....oooops...i mean the loving wife started to feed them. another PfffffT! 
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 9:42pm

Hey Jay,,you need to get you one of those pellet guns, with the break over barrel that are in the neighborhood of bout 1200 FPS,,,,,,Clap
 These are awesome for ground squirells at bout  40-50 yards and very quiet,,!! If your Dizty neighbor lives farther than across the street,,,they'll never hear it,,!! I've used mine for ground squirels with the neighbor working in his yard and he never knew I was shooting at his ground squirells,,,,,,LOL
 They have a dovetail receiver and I have a Tasco 3X9 variable sighted in dead-on at 40 yards. You can buy the pellets that have a spire point and a modified boat tail that are fantastic for accuracy,,,,,ClapClap 
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 6:04am
I'd love to carry my .22 but it's 'frowned upon' (illegal) to walk around with any pistol. Mine has an 8" barrel, single shot.truely hand made(cept barrel). great grandfather was a well respected gunsmith in town...it's the ONLY thing I have of his.
i hve a Marla pellet rifle but yeesh carrying it around is a pain... I already need 6 arms to do the stuff I NEED to do, let alone have a weapon HANDY.... flare pistol seemed a good idea.... A BIG trap would work, then the 22.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 10:15pm
no drowned rats in the bucket yets...took the can with the peanut butter off the bucket, put an old donut on the wire then tilted the bucket some, we'll see if that helps! smoked some more rat holes out again today, gotta be careful where i do it so i don't start no fires.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic