This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Case W-20C Years of Manufacture ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Case W-20C Years of Manufacture ???
    Posted: 01 May 2020 at 7:15pm
For whatever reason, regardless of maker, finding accurate definitive information on construction equipment is almost impossible; no matter how I word my question, all I get are page after page of the same equipment trader ads.
If I do finally stumble upon some useful details, there is never any mention as to which years something was made.

At the particular moment, I need to know which years the Case W-20C was made.
Sounds simple enough doesn't it; I have worn my eyes and keyboard out looking.

During this search, I have also ran across some serious discrepancies as to the engine.
The few specification sheets that I have found all state that a 504ci Case A504BD is used; however, I have found numerous for sale and auction listings that claim a 6B Cummins; none of these ads state whether the Cummins is turbo or not.

Does anyone know of a site that has good details on Case equipment, or equipment of any and all brands for that matter ? 

Thanks for reading and all help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 7:43pm
I found this at "toughquip.com"

Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
BuckSkin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by JoeM(GA) JoeM(GA) wrote:

I found this at "toughquip.com"

THANKS !
I am bookmarking that site.
I went there, selected Case, typed in W20C, and engine/size and years of manufacture immediately popped up.
I haven't tried any other makes/models, but I feel like that site is going to be a big help.
Thank you.
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 11:00pm
It may not tell you years but Case has specs and brochures available on their website for a number of older models.

1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
BuckSkin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by wjohn wjohn wrote:

It may not tell you years but Case has specs and brochures available on their website for a number of older models.

Thanks !
I checked all three versions of the W-20C and none of them ever came with a 6B Cummins.
Although Case used the 6B (and still does) in many models of their equipment AND farm tractors, there is no mention of it ever being used in the W-20C.
Yet, I did see several sale ads claiming Cummins power.
Since Case does use the Cummins in so many applications, I don't guess it would be any monumental task to swap one into a W-20C.
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 9:41pm
I am seeing that Case used that engine in the W14B and probably W14C is well.

Comparing the specs, a stock 6B from a W14 might be a little doggy vs. the original engine in a larger machine like the W20C... But maybe a different version of the 5.9 engine or a tweaked one would be okay.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 7:44am
Was not called a Cummins but a Case Engine, have to remember that Cummins bought Case small engine line for their own early in the 80s but Case independently continued production of their own engines for some time. These tractors would be Transitional as well a difficult issue for finding parts from either producer as each would insist was the others product.
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 8:59am
Case/IH called their version of the Cummins a ‘Consolidated’ engine. I believe it was a joint venture arrangement.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic