This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

High School Sweethearts??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High School Sweethearts??
    Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 4:51pm
How many of you MARRIED your first crush ? How many are "still" married to your "crush" ?
Sponsored Links

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 6:53am
I am married to my high school sweetheart but married her when I was 50.
I went down the wrong path when I graduated high school.
I wanted to drink beer and drive race cars.
I wasted a lot of my life on both.
I’m forever grateful for the second chance.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 7:35am
45 years this August 6th!
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 8:00am
I never ‘dated’ or had a sweetheart in HS. Dated a girl from HS a couple times after graduation, but she was too much into ‘maryjane weed’, so that was end of that.
I married a great gal I met in a bar. We have together ever since, married September 1986.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 8:17am
Only dated two in HS, was the Class Nerd or Clown, into Cars, engines, not much into education as a whole so was not of much interest to girls.

As moved to adult life, had Gal friend had my child in KS, she passed many years ago now, had a couple gal friends in UT but all too short lived.  Never sat down roots anywhere else but Tulsa as to wanting to stay but that was NOT meant to be ad a gal I was in love or heat over found she preferred another that was from her Home State so my heart was broken.  She and her favored moved BACK to PA where lost touch and track of her.

Met the wife at a friends BBQ in STL County in 1984, she and I hit it off where engaged a month later, as of This Holiday Matter Of Fact I proposed at the Fair St Louis 7/4/1984 in front of Soldiers Memorial and we shortly thereafter moved in together and bought a home.  38 together, married 36.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 9:30am
I married the girl that I was SURE would have nothing to do with me in high school. She was a friend of my brothers ex-wife and when me and Brian were still playing music she would come along. (Brian and Alison were still together then) One night I caught her giving me a little too long of a look to just be a look. October 18, 2002 we went on our first date. November 5th, 2005 we were married and have spent everyday since together.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 9:58am
Our first date was senior prom. She had moved to my school the year before, and I knew her somewhat right away, small school classes together, etc. We both have said there was just always something, but I had a couple different girls in that time frame. Senior year our lockers were just two apart and got to know each other a lot better, but it still took me until April to ask her out. Will be married 34 later this year.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 10:48am
Met my wife the first day of college in 1973 and have never looked back We got married in June of 77 and 45 years this year
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 8:24pm
dated scads of chicks while in HS. some did and some didn't! anyways...met this gal at a bowling alley, i was outta HS and she was a freshman (freshwoman)! been married now for 47 years, dated 5 years before that! 
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 4:27pm
Married a gradeschool classmate after highschool when we were both 21 . Last Friday was our 50 th anniversary. She's a keeper.
Herb(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herb(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 4:49pm
Finally, I realized there were girls.  Dad told me "one of the most important decisions you will ever make is who you chose as your 'partner for life' ".   I met her when I was in college; married her after I graduated, 69 years ago.  Herb(GA)
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 4:49pm
My wife says my ‘trade in value’ is all gone, she’ll ride me till my wheels fall off.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

dated scads of chicks while in HS. some did and some didn't! anyways...met this gal at a bowling alley, i was outta HS and she was a freshman (freshwoman)! been married now for 47 years, dated 5 years before that! 
            Well did she??   

Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 12:48am
Blind date. We talked on the phone 3 times. I asked her out and she said yes. I took her to the movie Doc Hollywood for our first date 8/17/91. Miss Kristi and I got married on 3/26/94. The car that got us to the movies, and away from the church was my very first car, a 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. I just got the bodywork and paint done on it. It still needs a white vinyl roof and the AC redone. My 40th class reunion is next year.  
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 7:09am
We both graduated in '60 from two different HS. Married on 14 Oct '61.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 7:45am
Almost need to laugh, several of the Old Classmate gals have noted live not too far from us having retired with Hubs or Second or third Significant Other (None 'L' yet), and noted they never considered myself as anything but another body.  The Guys noted always knew I would not ever amount to squat, where are now eating their own words.  Seems I did as well or actually better in many respects as the higher GPA males that went to College, the Gals noted as to those with Failed marriages that I seem now to have been the Most Stable of all the guys in our class, Surprise, Surprise, Surprise.  Two guys as Highest GPA in Class still cannot retire as ended up in High Maintenance marriages or worse Multiple Maintenance Payout divorces, one other was going to retire then his wife filed and took everything, he has a Pickup and a Business that she gets half the income off of while his savings takes the beating.

I feel sad too as we have lost over 1/4 of our class to drugs or medical malady that ended short lives.  Mostly of the Gals.  Almost as hateful to consider is for every pair that had children seems two pair did not, ours was the least reproductive of all my HS's classes.  1 out of three couples had children, 1 out of 5 of those had more than one.

Edited by DMiller - 05 Jul 2022 at 7:47am
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 12:45am
I married mine, was together for 52 years before she passed away from covid. The last year was great. We went places with the business, went to her 50th class reunion, she had a blast gabbing with gals she hadn't seen since 1970, we had our 50th anneversary, a friend of mine is a reporter for the local paper. He wrote an artical about she and I. She loved it, she got to see 2 great grandsons who are cuter than a button on an outhouse door. For her birthday July 4th, I bought her a new pickup. She and I were very lucky over the years. We spent 3+ years in Germany, expenses paid by Uncle Sam. We saw many Castles, took river cruses. We took several ocran cruses, been around the states, through Canada. We were going to fly to the east coast of Canada and travel by train across Canada. Been to the Panama canal. Been gambling in south America, Dog gone the drinks are great down there. They are made with fresh fruit juice. the was picked that morning. The rum is great tasting too. Good days gone by.   She loved her filthy old goats, she had 28 of the darn things.

Edited by 200Tom1 - 22 Jul 2022 at 12:48am
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 3:14am
uh....not right away Walker! lol
Rhoadesy_65 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhoadesy_65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 12:38pm
I am much younger than most of you haha (24). Im about to marry my highschool sweetheart in October. We will have been dating for 6 years by the time of the wedding. lots of planning and spending money, not much time. Shes starting to figure out the farming thing as the old new holland discbine I just bought this year grenaded a $3700 gearbox. "Thats more money than you made this year on hay" "yes dear, youre starting to figure out how this business works" haha
Farmin' with 1981 7010 PD, Great Grandpas 1947 Farmall H, JD 7000 planter, JD model B drill, NH 316 Baler, NH 1411 Discbine ,JD 100 8 Shank Chisel. Darke County OH
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 1:52pm
Started dating I think I was 19 she was 16.  Got married at 23 and 20. One of my sisters thought she was pregnant, 5 years later had own son.  lol    Married coming up in Sept.   38 years.  I think!!  Married in '1984

fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2022 at 7:48am
Almost did. Dated for 4 years. Talked about alot but I wanted to be more financially secure before doing it and she wanted to do it together. I thought it was the dumbest idea ever.
I went to Germany for a year because my sister was over there and wanted me to come over. Didn't tell her about it till I was on my way.
That was kinda the end of that. Her parents and brothers hated me anyway because I was blue collar and actually worked for a living. There words not mine.
Just as well. She has been married 3 times. I'm still on my first one going on 38 years.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic